Booker T Washington Elementary Professional Growth and Effectiveness System Coach
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Administration Certified Non-Principal/ PROF GROWTH AND EFFECTIVENESS SYSTEM COACH
BOOKER T WASHINGTON ELEMENTARY
19-20 School year
Provide administrative support and technical assistance to staff as well as other stakeholders. Assist schools in strengthening instructional programs through a strategically planned, standards-based approach with a focus on student growth and narrowing the achievement gap. This position will provide leadership in the areas of curriculum, instruction, assessment, and planning with a focus on teacher effectiveness.
- Identifies curriculum needs and cooperatively plans with the principal, staff, council, and other district personnel to meet student achievement goals as well as serve on the district Professional Growth and Effectiveness team.
- Assists staff with data analysis from assessments and diagnostic instruments and develops instructional strategies for supporting students who are experiencing difficulties.
- Develops and follows a regular schedule of classroom visitations to obtain information and understanding of curriculum programs, practices, and materials being used.
- Implements, supports and provides feedback to staff regarding the goals determined by the district/schools' comprehensive plan.
- Coaches individuals on best practice strategies to integrate educational initiatives and resources
- Assists in program implementation and curriculum development
- Assists schools in developing and implementing comprehensive plans designed to meet individual schools' student achievement needs.
- Works with the principal and staff in the preparation and completion of reports related to student achievement and staff development
- Assists schools in determining effective methods for the integration of curriculum standards, instructional strategies, and the developmental use of authentic assessment
- Coaches and models a variety of research based instructional strategies designed to be rigorous and mirror assessment.
- Assists in identifying professional development needs and developing long-range professional development plans
- Mentors new teachers
- Participates in and/or facilitates school based committees
- Supervises staff as needed and required.
- Evaluates staff as needed and required.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree
- Three (3) years of successful classroom teaching
- Must hold a valid Kentucky Teaching Certificate
- Must hold a valid Kentucky Principal Certificate or Supervisor of Instruction Certificate
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights
Contact Person: Julie Farris (email@example.com)