English Consultant Teacher for Career and Technical Education
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide consultant teacher and student support in the integration of English into Career and Technical Education classes.
- Collaborate with CTE content area teachers and other Consultant Teachers teachers to plan, deliver and assess content-rich lessons which will qualify students to earn high school English credits through integration in CTE classes.
- Serve as an active team member with administrators, school counselors, school social workers and consultant teachers to continually support instruction.
- Participate fully in all campus-wide initiatives and activities.
- Support, in all aspects, the Southern Westchester BOCES goals of Developing Shared language around instructional practice and Building Connected Learning Environments through a vision of trust, collaboration, respect and building excellence.
- Communicate regularly with all stakeholders.
- Teach HSE/TASC classes as needed
- NYS Teaching certification - Secondary English
- Prior teaching experience preferred
- Dual certification preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the identification of student-specific data collection and use to inform instructional planning and decisions
- Ability to work as a member of a collaborative team to design, deliver and assess high quality lessons to secondary students with diverse learning needs
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the Next Generation Learning Standards