AVID Division Leadership Opportunities
- Job Type
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that is dedicated to closing the opportunity, expectation, and achievement gaps in education by partnering with schools all over the country to prepare students for college, careers, and life. This is accomplished by providing professional development to educators to support their efforts in the classroom, ultimately empowering students with strategies and skills that improve how they learn, question, and work together. With AVID’s continued mission to expand its reach, the work of our four divisions; Eastern, Central, Western and California are leading the efforts to accomplish these goals.
AVID Center is currently collecting applications for experienced, motivated, and influential educational leaders to support various high-level division opportunities. All positions will provide oversite to the divisions they serve, ensuring accountability, support and continuity among their teams, who are responsible for the implementation, management, and growth of the AVID College Readiness System in their assigned states and districts. All candidates must have a great understanding of the ever-changing educational landscape, at both national and state levels to help inform our work. They need to be comfortable collaborating with internal and external partners and stakeholders at all levels; from cross functional AVID Center staff, to meeting with school and district leadership, to presenting information to state legislators and partnering with other organizations for funding opportunities. Their ability to easily transition to accommodate a variety of audiences is key.
More of what we are looking for in Division Leadership:
- Experience with the AVID College Readiness System as well as a passion for the AVID mission
- High level leadership capacity
- District Administrative/leadership experience, including direct supervision of staff
- A motivating trainer, presenter, leader, and mentor with exceptional relational capacity
- Must be willing to relocate for the position (if required)
- The ability and motivation for frequent travel
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Excellent organization, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working remotely; able to prioritize responsibilities to fit the needs of both internal and external partnerships
Hiring timeline details: Please note the process timeline for these positions is approximately 2 to 6 months. We understand this may affect candidate eligibility and interest. Applying candidates are encouraged to clearly communicate their availability in the appropriate questions on the application.