Assistant Principal of Instruction
- Job Type
The Opportunity: The Assistant Principal of Instruction is responsible for creating and maintaining a learning environment consistent with the college preparatory and public policy mission of Chavez Schools. As the school’s academic leader, this position is responsible for managing all academic, curricular and instructional programs of the school. As a member of the leadership team, the Assistant Principal collaborates with senior leaders, teachers and staff to maximize student achievement and meet all performance goals.
The Organization: Chavez Parkside is a public policy, college preparatory charter high school in Ward 7. An anchor in the Parkside/Kenilworth community, our school has 500 students in grades 8-12. Chavez Parkside students achieved over 5 million dollars in scholarship and a 100% college acceptance rate. Parkside has a first-rate athletics program with champion basketball, volleyball, track and cheerleading teams. And we have over 50 community partners hosting students in the fellowship program. Chavez Parkside serves a high needs population of students and is committed to giving them the resources and support they need to be successful in college and in life.
Chavez Parkside is looking for leaders who are committed to getting results. We believe positive, respectful relationships between teachers, scholars and parents are the foundation of the school’s success. We believe all students can learn and that all adults commit to their professional growth. Ultimately, Chavez Parkside believes that our role is to empower students to be agents of change in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Instructional staff to ensure that teachers are implementing a rigorous curriculum for scholar learning.
- Obsessively monitors scholar growth and conducts effective leadership team meetings to review data, make plans for follow-up, and track implementation of plans.
- Maintains high expectations for teachers and provides quality, effective professional learning to drive scholar achievement.
- Consistently observes teacher practice; provides substantive, action-oriented feedback, encourages reflection and models excellent instruction.
- In collaboration with school leadership, promotes a strong school culture and effectively manages school team towards the implementation of a consistent culture that focuses on scholar learning.
Management and Leadership Development
- Establishes clear goals for their own professional growth and strives to meet those goals.
- Effectively coaches and manages staff towards achievement of ambitious school goals.
- Models leadership practices to direct reports to develop them as building leaders by observing, providing feedback, modeling, and leading professional development.
- Holds regular meetings with direct reports to drive accountability.
- Evaluates teachers, leaders and staff, in alignment with school expectations and in the interest of accountability and growth.
- Models the school values, flexible thinking, openness to feedback, and the humility required to move scholar learning.
- Effectively manages time to ensure that highest priority work is accomplished in service of scholar achievement.
- Manages change, understanding the implications and adjusting leadership voice and behavior accordingly.
- Values and effectively manages a diverse team.
- Fosters a staff culture focused on scholar learning, care, and outcomes.
- Serves as a key member of the campus hiring team, ensuring a highly qualified, mission-aligned staff.
Supporting Scholars and Families
- Collaborates with leadership team to ensure regular and effective communication with families.
- Ensures communication systems exist and are used to engage parents in understanding scholar performance, goals, and growth.
- Supports all staff to effectively communicate with families and maintain high expectations for every scholar.
- Creates a shared understanding of the Chavez Values, Mission and Vision and how those beliefs manifest themselves in every school day.
Why Should You Apply?
- You share our beliefs and are committed to the mission of Chavez Parkside.
- You desire to serve the students of Wards 7&8 and their families.
- You are committed to educating diverse learners with a variety of needs
- Impactful hours with built in planning time, generous benefits and Flex Fridays.
The Applications Process
- Complete the online application on our website HERE or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HR Team will schedule a phone interview and performance task
- Qualified candidates will be invited to an onsite 360-degree interview process.
Apply for Assistant Principal of Instruction
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly