Superintendent, Edison Township Public Schools
- Job Type
The Edison Township Public Schools (NJ) is seeking an experienced, community-focused, student-centered visionary and collaborative leader to head its diverse school district. The district serves over 16,000 students in 17 schools with a current annual budget of more than $260 million. Edison’s two high schools had a total of 28 National Merit Scholars. Students at John P. Stevens High School earned an average of 1165 for combined verbal and math on the SAT. At Edison High School, 81% of students who took Advanced Placement exams scored a 3 or better.
Located in the heart of NJ, with rail access to all major cities in the northeast corridor, Edison Township has been rated one of America’s Best Places to Live by Money Magazine. Over 100,000 residents live in this township of 32 square miles, featuring diverse cuisines and shopping as well as multiple professional establishments and proximity to Rutgers University and Middlesex County Community College.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience as a superintendent or assistant superintendent (minimum 3 years).
- Cultural competence that spans respecting multiple cultural perspectives, strengthening cultural awareness, and working towards equity and equality in opportunity.
- Success in developing a positive relationship with municipal, county, and state officials.
- Support of community initiatives, projects, and programs.
- Fiscal acumen in budget development and funding advocacy.
- Proven success in leading continuous growth in student achievement.
- Support of the use of technology to drive 21st Century skills in delivering administrative practices and classroom instruction that is interactive, engaging, and individualized.
- Excellent and enthusiastic communication skills.
- Fresh and unique ideas to invigorate students, staff, and parents.
- Evidence of implementing policies and procedures to provide a safe environment for learning.
- Ability to recruit and maintain an excellent staff.
Screening is on-going
The application process will close upon slate presentation to the Board (Sept 30, 2019)
Applications may be submitted to HYA at: https://hyasearch.com/browse-jobs
Visit https://www.edison.k12.nj.us/ to learn more about the Edison Township Public Schools.
The Edison Township Public Schools is and Equal Opportunity Employer. Edison Public Schools does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based upon qualifications, merit, and school district need.