International Baccalaureate Coordinator (11 month position)
- Job Type
Summary of Role
Within the school, the International Baccalaureate Coordinator works with the school administration to create an educational environment which supports students who are participating in an International Baccalaureate program. In so doing, the International Baccalaureate Coordinator serves as a resource for teachers, helping them to understand the program requirements and to obtain the training and materials needed to deliver the curriculum successfully.
The International Baccalaureate Coordinator works with the CMS District IB Coordinator and with colleagues at other CMS IB high schools to address programmatic issues at the district level.
The International Baccalaureate Coordinator serves as the liaison between the school and the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). The international Baccalaureate Coordinator communicates as required with both the International Baccalaureate Americas regional office and the International Baccalaureate Curriculum and Assessment Center to ensure that IBO regulations and requirements are met. The International Baccalaureate Coordinator is responsible for timely dissemination to teachers and students of information received from the IBO.
The International Baccalaureate Coordinator communicates examination results to students and serves as a liaison with colleges and universities to provide information regarding both the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program and Career-related Program and the performance of graduates on examinations.
- Leads the IB program at the school level, serving as the chief point of contact regarding IB at the school level for all stakeholders.
- Works with the central and school administrations to maintain the authorization of the school with the IBO through IB’s prescribed self-evaluation process.
- Serves as the liaison between the IBO and the school, disseminating information to teachers and students in a timely basis.
- Coordinates training opportunities for IB teachers and provides on-site support for classroom instruction.
- Registers students for IB examinations, submits IB internal assessment components, and administers IB examinations.
- Works with the Student Services staff at the school to provide IB students with academic and other support as needed.
- Serves as an advocate with colleges and universities for IB graduates.
- Provides accurate information to the public, including prospective and participating students and parents, regarding the IB program.
- Meets regularly with the District IB Coordinator and other IB coordinators in the district.
- Works with the Magnet Office to identify students who are not meeting IB program requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master's degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge of IB curriculum, regulations and requirements
- Appropriate NC licensure - High School Teacher Certification or School Counseling Certification
- Minimum of three years of teaching experience within an International Baccalaureate Program
- 11-month position
- Salary based on district pay scale, plus benefits.
More searches like this
- Administrator High School Full-Time jobs in Charlotte
- Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment & PD High School Full-Time jobs in Charlotte
- Curriculum Specialist / Coordinator High School Full-Time jobs in Charlotte
- Instructional Coach / PD High School Full-Time jobs in Charlotte
- Teaching High School Full-Time jobs in Charlotte