Campus Specialist - IT
Position: IT Specialist
Reports to: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Pay Grade: TBD
Job Type Full Time
Work Hours Normal School hours
To assist schools in the necessary training of technology and its application within their assigned campus setting. Sets up, coordinates and monitors the operation of electronic computer equipment. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Associate Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cooperating with the District staff in the total effort to bring about quality education for students through the use of instructional technology.
• Assisting in planning, coordinating and implementing instructional technology applications consistent with established project objectives and activities.
• Providing on-going in-service to teachers, administrators and Para-professionals in the use of instructional technology and the use of hardware applications.
• Troubleshoots hardware and software to identify computer malfunctions.
• Maintains technology inventory records and paperwork.
• Coordinating efforts to assist schools in the identification, selection, acquisition, use and evaluation of computer hardware and appropriate software.
• Establishing and maintaining technology resources appropriate for classroom use.
• Attending required local, state and other meetings/workshops/conferences for the purpose of sharing and collecting information gained with the district schools.
• Performs other job related duties as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the district.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the district.
• Ability to organize special programs for assigned campus.
• Ability to use computer including software, database used by the district, spreadsheet and word processing software, calculator, copy machine and telephone.
• Ability to analyze data
• Ability to use effective interview techniques, effective public speaking skills, and problem-solving skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Light Work: may require occasional light lifting.
• Nights and weekend activities will be occasionally required.
• Position is in school setting and requires prolonged work at a desk in one location, walking, and standing.
• Moderate travel is required.