Enterprise Support Specialist
- Job Type
The Specialist, Enterprise Support works in providing assistance on the use the Student Information System software to maximum efficiency. The Specialist trains school based and central office personnel to use software that tracks student information. The Specialist maintains and regularly updates the training databases and all training materials. The Specialist works regularly with other Information management team members and “business owners” of functional areas to ensure training needs are being met.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
• Implements training programs and processes across the division as it relates to maximum utilization of the
student information system, while incorporating privacy and confidentiality of student records.
• Works with clients to identifies requirements, and communicates the system capacity to support initiatives.
• Develops, maintains and delivers training to include written documentation, videos, recorded meetings from Go
To Meeting or Skype.
• Creates materials to support all learners; establishes an annual training calendar; provides on-demand user
support (site based, centrally, via phone, or using automated tools for support); provides all training for new
users; and provides learning aids as new features or requirements are brought into the application.
• Regularly plans and offers training delivery using a variety of methods, including multimedia delivery.
• Assists with rollout of any new functions of the application.
• Works with Senior Data Analysts to understand changes to the application.
• Supports all special programs with the Student Information System including summer school users and Virtual
• Develops training materials for the Department of Technology Services for new features and programs for
example Office 365, internal web-based programs, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree in Technology or related field
• Five years of experience with databases, information management
• Experience with instructional design concepts and facilitating trainings
• Experience with student information system is preferred
• Experience with technology support and adult learning is preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of web-based applications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills, with attention to detail