- Job Type
Baltimore International Academy West (BIA West) is seeking a full-time, 12 month office assistant to start immediately. BIA West is a brand new replication charter school modeled on Baltimore International Academy (BIA). BIA West will open in September 2019 with Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 6th Grade, and will continue to grow each year until it is a Pre-K through 8 school. BIA West is a public charter school within the Baltimore City public school system and will be located at 4300 Sidehill Rd in the former Rognel Heights school building. BIA West specializes in language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB). Students at the K-5 level will be fully immersed in one of five languages: Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Russian or French.
The duties of the office assistant will include, but is not limited, to the following:
- assists with bookkeeping through the use of QuickBooks software
- processes student applications and enters them into the database
- maintains student waitlist
- responds to parent and prospective parent inquiries promptly via phone, email, and/or social media
- registers and enrolls new students
- communicates clearly, effectively, and in a timely manner with parents and prospective parents regarding their waitlist or enrollment status
- orders furniture, technology, and other needed equipment and supplies for the school
- Maintains files and record systems requiring knowledge of a variety of indexing methods.
- Operates a variety of office machines and equipment.
- Answers telephone calls and provides information regarding office functions, operations and procedures.
- Gives information to or elicits information from the public to properly complete forms and procedures.
- Screens forms and documents to determine accuracy and completeness of information.
- Receives, lifts, sorts, stacks, delivers and distributes mail and other materials. Operates manual, motor vehicles, or other equipment to transport mail and materials.
- Orders and maintains a supply of office materials.
- Compiles and organizes data for reports.
- Uses computers to enter timekeeping and payroll data, prepare reports, and maintain information.
- Prepares forms and documents for distribution.
- Performs filing and maintains simple logs and records.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- One year office support experience.
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures including office protocol and various filing procedures.
- Good oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurately.
- Ability to interact courteously with other employees and the public, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to locate and retrieve information from a variety of sources and to compile the information following general directions.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates familiar with bookkeeping and/or QuickBooks software, as well as candidates who are fluent in Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Russian, or French