High School Social Studies Teacher
- Job Type
Founded in 1881 by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, the Academy of the Holy Names is a Catholic, coeducational elementary school and a college preparatory high school for young women. The Academy of the Holy Names empowers students to be authentic individuals who engage in independent thought, are inspired by creativity, and lead culturally aware, spiritually rich lives.
Employment Opportunity: The Academy of the Holy Names seeks a high school social studies teacher who is talented and energetic to instruct our high school students for the 2019-2020 school year.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in education or related field. Social studies education background and high school teaching experience preferred. Florida Certificate required.
- Maintaining a classroom environment based on respect and that reflects the values and mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names.
- Establishing a culture of learning and an environment of positive social interaction that actively engages students in learning and self-motivation.
- Confidence in the teaching of social studies to high school students (AP experience helpful but not required).
- Planning and developing effective lesson plans that cover the curriculum and address the students’ interests and needs.
- Integrating technology into the curriculum.
- Accurately assessing student learning through formative and summative assessment and effectively adapting instruction based on these assessments.
- Keeping accurate records, ensuring that students are progressing and monitoring progress through progress reports and report cards.
- Performing supervision duties as assigned.
- Meeting with students and parents to discuss any concerns or issues with student progress and learning.
- Participating in school-based committees and working with other teachers in the social studies department and other departments in the school.
- Attending and participating in ongoing professional development activities.
Please upload a cover letter and resume to: http://holynamestpa.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a29pfkz3cx8o/aaaq
No phone calls, please.
The Academy of the Holy Names does not discriminate on the basis of race, faith (except for ministerial/leadership positions), nationality or ethnic origin in its hiring process nor in the administration of educational policies, admission policies or tuition-assistance programs, athletics or other school-administered programs. The school admits students of any race, faith, nationality or ethnic origin, and gives to all students rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to all members of the student body. In accordance with its mission, the school seeks a population composed of many different voices, viewpoints and backgrounds. The Academy of the Holy Names is a designated drug-free workplace. Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a drug screening and criminal background check.