Position: Dean of Students
Reports to: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: Level I
Job Type Full Time
Work Hours Normal School hours
Counsels and disciplines students; supervises teacher classroom management; performs administrative tasks, monitors student’s attendance, and creates a safe and orderly school environment.
• Bachelor ’s degree from accredited college or university .
• Two years teaching experience
• Master’s degree from accredited college or university is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Counsel and Discipline students.
• Supervise teacher classroom management.
• Train staff on student code of conduct and implementation of discipline.
• Maintain records of disciplinary actions taken to ensure that the student code of conduct is administered properly.
• Communicate with parents and key stakeholders regarding student discipline and safety.
• Monitor students’ attendance.
• Maintain a safe and orderly school environment.
• Coordinate before and after school programs and clubs.
• Monitor the school ground actively for safety checks.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the district.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the district.
• Ability to use computer including software, database used by the district, spreadsheet and word processing software, calculator, copy machine and telephone.
• Ability to analyze data
• Ability to use effective interview techniques, effective public speaking skills, and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of child and adolescent behavior issues and psychology
• Management and supervisory skill and/or training and experience
• Ability to identify problems and proactively find solutions
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Light Work: may require occasional light lifting.
• Nights and weekend activities will be occasionally required.
• Position is in office setting and may involve prolonged work at a desk in one location.
• Moderate travel is required.