Districtwide Itinerant Speech Therapist - ASHA certification required (certified posting) 2 position
- Job Type
Student Support Services - Certified/ CERT - 0255 - SPEECH THERAPIST
ITS ABOUT KIDS SUPPT SERVICES
19/20 School Year
- Consults with effective delivery of speech-language services for students enrolled in the communication disorders program.
- Coordinates ordering, disseminating, and maintaining appropriate assessment and therapy materials and equipment.
- Develops, implements, and monitors innovative programs for speech-language service delivery.
- Develops and maintain resources and staff development programs for speech-language pathologists.
- Provides assessment and programming consultation upon request to school personnel regarding specific students and their communication needs, including augmentative and alternative communication systems.
- Attends ARC meetings as requested.
- Coordinated continued development and implementation of a communication disorders plan for each student.
- Serves as a resource for teachers of students with hearing and visual impairments.
- Monitors contractual audiology services for evaluations and equipment needs, including inventory and repairs.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree in Communication Disorders
- Kentucky Department of Education Certificate for Teachers of Exceptional Children - Speech and Communication Disorders, Grades K-12
- Certificate for Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights.
Michelle Cannoy (email@example.com)