Project Manager, Technology Services
- Job Type
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that is dedicated to closing the opportunity, expectation, and achievement gaps in education by partnering with schools all over the country to prepare students for college, careers, and life. This is accomplished by providing professional development to educators to support their efforts in the classroom, ultimately empowering students with strategies and skills that improve how they learn, question, and work together. With AVID’s continued mission to expand its reach, leveraging technology in our learning solutions and the expansion of our digital products and services are a continued focus. This is where our Project Managers play a crucial role in our organization, ensuring the successful planning, management, and execution of the portfolio of projects.
AVID is looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Project Manager to join our Technology Services team. This position will hit the ground running to support multiple projects at varying stages of the life cycle. Ideal candidates have a positive attitude and embrace AVID’s collaborative and growth-mindset culture by sharing their project management knowledge and experience. They build relationships easily, embrace challenges head-on with proactive solutions, and are always curious. They love “being in the middle of things”—applying a structured approach to managing projects, while being open and flexible to filling in where needed to successfully deliver on-time, high-quality solutions. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual looking to make a real impact organizationally by advancing AVID’s PMO practices.
More of what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in project management; ed tech experience a plus
- Experience managing interactive multimedia projects
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification or ability to obtain PMP certification within 6 months of employment
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish, maintain, and grow strong working relationships, with an emphasis on tact, diplomacy, flexibility, collaboration, professionalism, and discretion
- Ability to drive AVID PMO effectiveness by developing, improving, and modeling PM processes, standards, tools, and techniques
Please refer to the AVID website or corresponding URL for further information.
This full-time, exempt position receives a competitive salary, PTO, paid holidays, health benefits—including medical, dental, and vision options—16 paid volunteer hours, an automatic 5% 403b contribution (after 90 days), and more.
Come be a part of the AVID Center legacy—join our team!
All interested candidates must include a résumé and cover letter for consideration.
The First Candidate Review Deadline is Monday, May 6, 2019.