19 - Elementary Literacy Specialist
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Administrative Service Center
This posting is for the 2019-2020 School Year. It will be open until filled and we will begin reviewing applications on April 29, 2019.
Contract Terms: 187 Days
Administrative Salary Schedule
$77,800 - $91,300
- Master's Degree in Education or Education related content area
- Valid Colorado Teaching or Administrative License or eligible for same at time duties are assumed
- Elementary Endorsement and/or Reading Specialist Endorsement
- 3-5 Years minimum teaching experience at the elementary level
- Strong early literacy background
- Will also be responsible for Scope and Sequence and support for Social Studies K-5
- Strong knowledge of developmental reading and writing process, including six components of reading
- Experience with district curriculum and assessment development
- Experience in coaching teachers and/or facilitating professional development for teachers and leaders
- Experience leading data team meetings and/or professional learning communities (PLC's) and professional development
- Assist in identifying, acquiring, and organizing available resources to support teachers and schools
- Knowledge of developing scope and sequence and assessment documents
- Coaching elementary teachers in reading and writing instruction
- Possess an in-depth understanding of common core standards in English Language Arts and Social Studies state standards, curriculum and assessment programs with emphasis in English Language Arts
- Facilitate district and school-based professional development
- Strong knowdge of English Language Arts common core standards and instructional shifts
- Facilitation of data meetings and PLC's
- Demonstrated success in the use of data to improve instruction
- Experience in preparing and presenting high quality, research based professional development
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, both within the local district, and externally with the community
- Organizational and planning skills for setting both short term and long range goals, and for coordinating efforts for accomplishment of those goals
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated through the respect of peers and ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships
- Demonstrates initiative working independently and with groups
- Exhibit an approachable, professional manner with district colleagues and school staff
- Ability to organize, communicate effectively, make decisions, work independently, and as a collaborative team member
- Provide direct contact to classroom teachers, reviewing data, co-planning, co-teaching, real-time coaching, and modeling best practices
- Ability to Integrate technology into instructional practices and programs
- Performs all of the job-related duties as assigned by the direct Supervisor/or designee
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants interested in and qualified for the posted position must submit an online application. Applications that are incomplete and/or not submitted will not forwarded to the hiring administrator for review. The following will need to be uploaded with the application: current cover letter for the posted position; current resume; copy of principal/administrative license; copy of transcripts conferring required degree; copy of Place/Praxis test and three current letters of reference (one of which must be from your current supervisor and all within two years). and any other materials requested on the application to verify that individuals are eligible for a Colorado License from the Colorado Department of Education.
Please note: If hired, you will be contacted to set up a processing date. Fingerprints will be required for all employees of Pueblo City Schools prior to your first day of work.
Pueblo City Schools seeks to comply with state and/or federal law prohibiting discrimination in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, sex (gender), age genetic information, or disabilities in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries regarding Pueblo City Schools' compliance may be referred to the Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Compliance Officer for Pueblo City Schools, 315 West 11th St., Pueblo, CO 81003 (719) 549-7162.
Si usted necesita ayuda con la traduccion, de esta informacion, por favor llame a la oficina del distrito.