- Job Type
Immaculate High School is a co-ed, comprehensive, college preparatory school that serves a diverse population of approximately 475 students. We are seeking a candidate who is an active and practicing Roman Catholic with a thorough understanding of and commitment to Catholic school philosophy and mission, commitment to academic excellence and fiscal responsibility. The candidate needs to be an experienced academic leader with strong management skills and the ability to develop and nurture a strong school community involving parents, teachers, students, alumni and others. Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated team building skills and a proven record of creative problem solving and collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Principal of the school, responsibilities include:
- Catholic Identity: Fostering and role modeling a culture of academic excellence and Gospel values. Advances a spirit conducive to prayer and study across the school community.
- Leadership: Provides personal and visible leadership to all members of the learning community and seeks continuous school improvement in a student-centric environment. The Principal ensures equity in educational opportunities, supports academic programs and enhancements, and provides a safe, rigorous, relevant, quality education for all students.
- Academic Affairs: The Principal is the curriculum and instructional leader. He/she also designs the academic program of the school ensuring program enhancement using the most current research and best practices available to education.
- Student Affairs: Oversees the successful implementation of all student activities by providing co-curricular opportunities for students.
- Student Services: Provides for the student-centric climate; for enforcement of the local school code of conduct, for the availability of guidance and counseling services, and for the delivery of other services that are offered to students.
- Supervision: Directs the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of the teaching faculty. The Principal also provides direction of the instructional programs and for continuing staff and professional development.