Interventionist - Math
Reports to: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: Teacher
Job Type Full Time
Work Hours Normal School hours
Provide supplemental intervention services, in small group settings, to students who are experiencing academic challenges.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Meet Texas “highly qualified” standards.
• Texas Teacher Certificate appropriate for level and subject area of assignment (required for ESL/Bilingual, SPED and preferred for other subjects).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with individual students or small groups of students to provide educational interventions and progress monitoring
• Utilize an identification rubric to target specific students who need focused, short term intervention that is in addition to what is normally provided at the campus to students.
• Set performance goals for individual students based upon assessment data.
• Develop lessons which target the specific needs of identified students.
• Provide high quality general education instruction to students who need focused, short term intervention in reading, writing and/or mathematics.
• Develop an intervention schedule for identified students based on campus needs.
• Maintain records of interventions and progress monitoring to ensure process fidelity
• Meet with teachers to ensure that lessons for the targeted students are aligned with the classroom curriculum.
• Communicate with campus staff, bilingual central office staff and parents regarding student progress.
• Evaluate student progress.
• As necessary, may provide supplemental intervention services to bilingual students.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the district.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the district.
• Ability to organize special programs for assigned campus(es).
• Ability to use computer including software, database used by the district, spreadsheet and word processing software, calculator, copy machine and telephone.
• Ability to analyze data
• Ability to use effective interview techniques, effective public speaking skills, and problem-solving skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Light Work: may require occasional light lifting.
• Nights and weekend activities will be occasionally required.
• Position is in office setting and may involve prolonged work at a desk in one location.
• Moderate travel is required.