Partner Engagement Manager
- Job Type
Come join our team!
Do you have a passion for education and working for a company whose mission is to provide students with the tools necessary to be successful in high school, college, and a career, especially students traditionally underrepresented in higher education? Do you have a strong education and sales/marketing background and love to foster relationships with senior leaders to provide new and existing school districts with innovative solutions to better support their students’ academic careers? AVID® Center is looking to hire a Partner Engagement Manager (PEM) in our Southern California region.
The Partner Engagement Manager is responsible for selling the AVID College Readiness System via a consultative and collaborative approach to large K–12 school districts and for gaining significant school district penetration. The PEM develops strong relationships with senior-level district leadership (e.g., superintendents) and other key stakeholders involved in the decision-making process (e.g., principals, school boards). The PEM systematically manages the entire sales process from initial targeting and lead follow-up through contract completion. Additionally, the PEM reports on progress for achieving goals through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
What we’re looking for in a Partner Engagement Manager:
- Strong educational sales background with proven experience in forging relationships with school districts and high-level district personnel
- Ability to systematically move prospective partners through the sales process and manage the process for targeting and lead follow-up to completion of contract
- Passionate spokesperson for AVID’s mission, vision, and value
- Ability to identify problems and facilitate collaborative team conversations about possible solutions involving quality implementation and evaluation of AVID program work
- Salesforce experience, or previous CRM experience
- Up-to-date knowledge and willingness to research educational trends as well as AVID’s alignment with the strategic plans of school district partners
- The ability and motivation for frequent travel
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to listen to individual needs and successfully align them with products, services, and strategies for improvement
- Experience with frequently using data to inform work and comfort with pulling information from multiple state and national sources
- Excellent organization, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working remotely; able to prioritize responsibilities to fit the needs of both internal and external partnership