2019-20 Teachers at K-12 Classical Liberal Arts Schools
- Job Type
Great Hearts is a growing non-profit network of tuition-free public charter schools currently serving over 17,000 students in in Phoenix, San Antonio, and Dallas/Ft. Worth, through a core, classical liberal arts curriculum. We gladly prepare our graduates for success in the best colleges/universities in the nation, but our main purpose is the formation of the soul, heart, and mind. We believe that the highest goal of education is to become good, intellectually and morally.
JOB OPENINGS 2019-20
· Mathematics: Pre-Algebra to Calculus, Logic and Coding
· Sciences: Life Science, Earth/Physical Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry
· Humanities: Western Traditions of Literature, History, Philosophy, Economics, American Rhetoric
· Elementary (K-6) Lead, Apprentice, and Assistant Teachers
· Fine Arts: Music, Poetry, Studio Art, Drama
· Languages: Latin, Ancient Greek, Spanish, French
· Physical Education: Teachers, Coaches (Extracurricular)
· Special Education and ESL: Coordinators, Resource Teachers, Math/Reading Interventionists
- Our academies are bastions of academic rigor and excellence and attract students who are curious and diligent.
- Classes are run Socratically - teachers are expected to be guides as well as participants in the search for Truth, Goodness, and Beauty.
- The faculty of Great Hearts Academies is a true community of life-long learners who, together, participate in seminars, attend classical music concerts, hear lectures on art, philosophy, mathematics, and other topics in the liberal arts, and enjoy frequent fellowship (frequently over food and drink!)
- Certification is not required (for other than SPED roles); while many of our teachers do come from education programs or other local public schools, many others hold undergraduate/graduate degrees in the academic subjects they teach and/or from top liberal arts programs.
APPRENTICE TEACHER PROGRAM
Offers new teachers an intentional, individualized course of study and mentorship with a Master Teacher as they learn the craft of teaching in a classical, liberal arts primary-school environment. Upon the successful completion of this full-time, paid apprenticeship, teachers are recommended for full-teaching roles across the network.
KNOW A COLLEGE STUDENT?
Our Athenaeum After-School Programs are wonderful part-time employment opportunities, often ideal for those seeking to learn more about the culture, pedagogy, and curriculum of Great Hearts academies. Athenaeum programs serve students K-8 with a variety of extra-curricular activities (homework assistance, fine arts, athletics, logic, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in working at Great Hearts, please apply online at www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers. The initial application should only take a few minutes. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Teaching High School Full-Time jobs in Phoenix
- Elementary Education Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Phoenix
- English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Phoenix
- English Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Phoenix
- Reading / Language Arts Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Phoenix