Regional Director-Northeast Region
- Job Type
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is seeking a Regional Director (Northeast Region). The person selected for this role will be responsible for driving regional market strategies and earned revenue of NFTE’s products and programs while overseeing support services of programming within the K-12 education market. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be responsible for providing direct support to NFTE schools and teachers (our customer); this position will play a critical role in helping NFTE achieve its mission to provide high quality program and product support. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing leaders as he/she will manage the New York Metro Area and will supervise the New England and Philadelphia regions. The ideal candidate should be an entrepreneurial, highly-experienced, engagement and implementation leader who has a track record of building and growing sales in the K-12 market and supporting in-school and out of school programming that targets communities in which at least 50% of students are eligible for free or reduced-price lunch. As such, the candidate will need to have an understanding and affinity for the non-profit sector and lead NFTE’s interest in partnering with districts and schools to create needs-aligned solutions designed to improve student outcomes. This Regional Director will work closely with the Sr. Regional Director and the VP, Engagement & Implementation to strategize big-picture goals & outcomes, develop tactical plans, but also roll up sleeves and execute at the regional level.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and support regional leaders and ensure successful implementation of curriculum and professional development resources.
- Manage New York Metro team to support /ensure program expansion and successful implementation of NFTE Teacher corps initiatives.
- In coordination with regional Master Educators and Lead Teachers, assess needs of NFTE teachers, provide professional development, and instructional monitoring support as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision-makers at the district and school level across assigned region.
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting of the sales-funnel progress, account plans, and regional territory management activities.
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets by developing new business, while cultivating and strengthening ongoing business relationships.
- Collaborate with other regional team members to continuously improve and introduce best implementation and support practices that are scalable.
- Stay abreast of the industry, competitors, and educational trends including territory specific issues and concerns to customize the positioning of NFTE’s programs.
- Align with NFTE’s Finance & Administration department around measurement and forecasting of program/product sales.
- Partner with NFTE’s Regional Development team to support fundraising initiatives and create donor funding opportunities for school programming.
- Collaborate with NFTE’s Programs & Research departments to prioritize NFTE offerings and to ensure regional staff are current on all new product releases and updates.
- Collaborate with NFTE’s Marketing department to develop collateral that supports regional sales.
- A strategic, hands-on sales and support leader with a proven track record of sales growth in the K-12.
- K-12 education or youth development philanthropy experience preferred.
- A track record of sales success as demonstrated by having met or exceeded sales quotas.
- Key relationships with senior-level, nationwide, education contacts, who are responsible for K-12 in/out of school programming preferred.
- Outside sales experience prospecting school district administration(s).
- Experience in networking with high level district administrators and decision makers.
- Experience managing and building/mentoring a regional team of program support staff.
- Knowledge of K-12 district and school program delivery with a strong technology background.
- Experience in developing product support systems and processes to support teacher implementation.
- A team player who is able to work well across the organization on complex issues
- Proven leadership, communication, and team building skills; highly developed ability to prepare written communications and proposals.
- Strength in planning, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Energetic, self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Program Implementation leader with education experience; K-12 education preferred
- A minimum of 5 years program sales and providing customer implementation and support services in the K-12 educational market.
- School-based or central office administrative experience highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
Why our employees love working at NFTE:
- Competitive salary
- Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance are fully paid by the company
- 403(B) with company match
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Employee pre-tax savings for personal medical expenses not covered by health plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Employee pre-tax savings for child care services
- Transportation savings account (TSA): Employee pre-tax savings for public transit and parking services
- Paid Family Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Generous Vacation (PTO) and additional Holiday Break (from Christmas to New Year’s Day)
- Recognition, incentive, bonus programs
- The position will require up to 50% travel
- The position will be based in the New York Headquarters
- Standard office work environment
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role
NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship) is an internationally recognized education nonprofit that activates the entrepreneurial mindset in young people. Research shows that the entrepreneurial mindset—skills and behaviors including innovation, self-reliance, comfort with risk, communication, and problem-solving—prepares young people for lifelong success. Equipped with the mindset, as well as with the business and academic skills that NFTE teaches, NFTE students are ready to thrive in the innovation economy no matter what path they choose. NFTE focuses its work on under-resourced communities across the U.S. and in eight other countries around the world.
Go to NFTE’s website Careers page. Please attach your resume along with a brief cover letter. In your cover letter please respond to the following three points:
- Your experience as it directly relates to the requirements listed in the job description.
- Why you want to work for NFTE.
- Your salary requirements/expectations.
Your cover letter is important. Candidates who express interest by following directions and providing the requested cover letter will be given priority.
More searches like this
- Product, Services & Policy High School Full-Time jobs in New York City
- Curriculum / Instructional Design High School Full-Time jobs in New York City
- Education Consultant High School Full-Time jobs in New York City
- Education Sales High School Full-Time jobs in New York City
- Implementation / Customer Success High School Full-Time jobs in New York City