- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Elementary School Teaching/ Music - Instrumental
Saugatuck Elementary School
Instrumental - Strings, Grades 4-5 Saugatuck Elementary School
The Westport Public Schools is seeking a dynamic, child-centered Elementary Strings Music Teacher to be a part of our nationally-recognized music program.
- Successful teaching experience in a high performing, nationally-recognized public school music program;
- Demonstrates capacity to communicate with all stakeholders including colleagues, parents, school administration and the community-at-large;
- Ability to nurture culture of inclusion and passion in music for all students;
- Knowledge of Best Practices and string methodologies;
- Experience with Grades 4-5 Orchestra; and
- CT Certification (049) required.
Salary: According to the Teachers' contract (2019-2022)
(see website www.westportps.org/employment – Personnel contracts)
Starting Date: August 15, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Internal applicants must submit an online application through the Westport Public Schools website. Job # 1299 (Please be sure to select internal applicant. This signifies one's current status as a Westport employee.)
External applicants must submit an online application through the Westport Public Schools website. Job # 1299 (Please supply a rehearsal or concert video link in your application. (Paper copies will not be accepted.)
The Westport Board of Education will not make employment decision (including decisions related to hiring, assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, disciplinary action and termination) on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability (including pregnancy), genetic information, veteran status or gender identity or expression, except in the case of a bona fide occupational qualification.