- Job Type
The EVCS Hertel Assistant Principal will assist the school's Director/Principal with administration of instructional leadership, school climate, human resources management, organizational management, communication and community relations, and safety and security.
EVCS is a high-performing charter school in Buffalo, NY that implements rigorous academic programs in an environment of social and emotional learning reinforced through the Responsive Classroom program.
The mission of the Elmwood Village Charter Schools is to provide a "stimulating and engaging learning environment that recognizes student capability, fosters their connectedness to their immediate and broader communities, and offers them ways to contribute to school life. EVCS believes that all students can and will learn at high levels when provided with the right learning conditions."
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of successful teaching experience
- NYS SBL/SDL Certification
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with all stakeholders
- Building leadership experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to apply knowledge of principles and best practices in school administration/leadership to the needs of the school
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate instructional and operational support activities
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of others
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Growth mindset and an ability to use feedback to improve practice
Elmwood Village Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer.