School Lunch Services Supervisor - Honolulu District, Oahu
- Amended 6-28-2019: Add 'Temporary' in Job Preferences
- SCHOOL LUNCH SERVICES SUPERVISOR
$4,968.00 - $5,811.00 per month (SR-24)
- NOTE: Department of Education employees will be placed on the salary range in accordance with Department regulations. All new external applicants will be placed on the initial step of the salary range. However, placement above the initial step of the salary range will be based on special characteristics and critical needs of the position, an applicant's exceptional qualifications, the availability of funds, and other relevant factors. Such appointments require prior approval.
Honolulu District, Oahu
- Office of Facilities and Operations - School Food Services Branch
- Supervises public school cafeteria operations in an assigned district; assists in determining needs and promoting the state's school lunch program; and performs other duties as required.
- Applicants must meet all the requirements for the position they are seeking as of the date of the application, unless otherwise specified. Unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience may not be gained concurrently.
Note: Calculation of experience is based on full-time, 40-hour workweeks. Part-time experience is pro-rated. Example: Twelve months of experience at 20 hours/week is equivalent to six months of experience, not one year. Also, hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week will not be credited. Example: Twelve months of experience at 60 hours/week is equivalent to one year of experience, not one and a half years.
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Education Requirement:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with specialization in food service management or nutrition.
Four years of one or a combination of the following: 1) food service management experience. Which involved training and directing personnel, managing the purchase of food and supplies, enforcing sanitary regulations, preparing records and reports, and planning menus; or 2) experience as a teacher or consultant in the field of nutrition or food service management.
A valid driver's license is required for some positions. The immediate vacancies have this requirement. Note: To be credited, you must submit a legible copy of your driver's license.
1. Excess experience as described in the experience requirement may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
2. Possession of a Master's degree in a field specified under the education requirement may be substituted for one year of the experience required.
- Selective Certification:
Valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- All documents submitted to us become the property of the Department of Education.