English Teacher (Secondary)
- Job Type
The Opportunity: Chavez Parkside is looking for teachers that are teachers are highly effective and dedicated educators committed to the mission of Chavez Schools. Chavez teachers are focused on building relationships with students and are accountable for their students’ academic growth and the school’s success.
The Organization: Chavez Parkside is a public policy, college preparatory charter high school in Ward 7. An anchor in the Parkside/Kenilworth community, our school has 500 students in grades 8-12. Chavez Parkside students achieved over 5 million dollars in scholarship and a 100% college acceptance rate. Parkside has a first-rate athletics program with champion basketball, volleyball, track, and cheerleading teams. And we have over 50 community partners hosting students in the fellowship program. Chavez Parkside serves a high needs population of students and is committed to giving them the resources and support they need to be successful in college and in life.
Chavez Parkside is looking for teachers who are committed to doing whatever it takes to get results. We believe positive, respectful relationships between teachers, scholars and parents are the foundation of the school’s success. We believe all students can learn and that all adults commit themselves to professional growth. Ultimately, Chavez Parkside believes that our role is to empower students to be agents of change in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set and reinforce clear expectations and routines that are aligned with the school’s overall vision
- Develop and implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards
- Thoughtfully plan daily lessons and implement specific strategies to meet the needs of all students, providing extra support, enrichment, or variation of work when necessary
- Develops instructional plans that are engaging, rigorous and ensure all students achieve mastery of the stated learning objectives
- Demonstrate strong content knowledge
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards and diagnose areas of student misunderstanding
- Lessons and assignments are rigorous and demand that students think critically.
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented learning environment
- Fosters respectful interactions between and among students and staff.
- Collaborate and engage with peers and administrators to improve instructional practice and achieve student learning goals.
- Reflect on successes and areas of growth as a teacher, seek to improve performance, and respond to feedback
- Invest parents and families in their children’s academic success through regular communication
Why Should You Apply?
- You share our beliefs and are committed to the mission of Chavez Parkside.
- You desire to serve the students of Wards 7&8 and their families.
- You are committed to educating diverse learners with a variety of needs
- Impactful hours with built-in planning time, generous benefits and Flex Fridays.
The Applications Process
- Complete the online application on our website HERE or send your resume to email@example.com.
- HR Team will schedule a phone interview and performance task
- Qualified candidates will be invited to an onsite 360-degree interview process.
Apply for English Teacher (Secondary)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly