Teacher (Relocate to Memphis)
- Job Type
Join our District!
Shelby County Schools is accepting teacher applications for all subjects PreK-12 for the 2019-20 school year.
We encourage you to apply by our April 23, 2019 application deadline to be considered for the positions that best meet your interests and qualifications! Complete your online application now at www.ChooseSCS.org!
If you relocate over 50 miles to accept a teaching position with SCS, you may be eligible for our relocation stipend.
SCS is dedicated to preparing all students for success in learning, leadership and life. We operate under the notion that we will only be successful if we challenge ourselves with new ideas and attack obstacles with a bold sense of courage and determination. We strive for a mission-driven working environment that empowers all staff to take ownership of their own work and their professional development.
- Our promise is that by 2025, 80% of our students will be college & career ready, 90% will graduate high school, and 100% of graduates will enroll in post-secondary education.
- Our work is deeply rooted in the belief that every child is capable of learning and that education is the great equalizer. With 84% of all students considered economically disadvantaged, Shelby County Schools truly is a place where progressive leaders in education can make a difference in the lives of our country’s most underserved children.
Shelby County Schools—one of the 25 largest school districts in the nation—is located in Memphis, TN, a city in the midst of a grassroots renaissance. Perched on the bluffs of the Mississippi River, Memphis has long been a hotbed of cultural richness—blues, barbeque, and the legendary Beale Street run deep here—but a fresh wave of innovative thinkers is breathing new life into our city. While this renaissance spirit is evident in the food, music, architecture, and arts of Memphis, it is especially so in our District. In our schools you’ll find educators and District staff who are earning national recognition for challenging the traditional educational landscape.
Compensation & Benefits
Teacher salaries start at $43,000. There are also options to earn additional income:
- $22.84/hour when serve as an Extended Learning Opportunities Program Tutor or Certified Tutor
- $28.23/hour when you teach in an SCS Summer Program or with Project Graduation
A comprehensive benefits package is also offered that includes health, dental, vision, and flexible spending account options.
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree and be eligible to work in the United States.
Additionally, candidates meet ONE of the following requirements:
- Hold active teaching certification in Tennessee or another U.S. state OR
- Hold an undergraduate GPA of 2.75+ and pass the Tennessee Praxis content exam requirements (www.ets.org/praxis/tn/requirements) OR
- Hold an undergraduate GPA of 2.75+ and a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the subject you wish to teach
Candidates without full teaching certification will need to enroll in one of SCS’s partner Educator Preparation Programs if offered a position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect our teachers to:
- Be fierce advocates for our students, fueled by the belief that failure is not an option
- Fully dedicate themselves as active participants in driving our students’ growth
- Welcome opportunities to build collaborative networks among their peers
- Be masters of their craft and experts in their field
- Consistently seek out opportunities to grow in pedagogy and content area
- Lead in and out of the classroom, building a strong alliance of mutual trust and accountability with their students, parents, and communities
Visit www.ChooseSCS.org to submit your instructional profile.
An offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check. At Shelby County Schools, we know that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply to this position. Shelby County Schools offers educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, disability, national origin, or genetic information.
For questions, email SCSRecruits@scsk12.org or call 901-416-0613
More searches like this
- Teaching High School Full-Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Bilingual Education / Dual Immersion Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Elementary Education Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Cincinnati
- ELL / ESOL / ESL Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Cincinnati
- English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Cincinnati