- Job Type
About the Role:
Under general supervision of the Vice-President, Technology, the Salesforce Administrator will work as part of the team dedicated to ensuring that the organization maximizes efficiency and capitalizes on the full features and benefits of the Salesforce system based on the all user group needs. The position will serve as the primary point of contact for users, and through training and stakeholder engagement, promote system adoption. Furthermore, the Salesforce Administrator oversees the Salesforce system maintenance (i.e. staying current on new releases and AppExchange solutions), collaborates with Salesforce vendors and consultants, and provides reporting and data management support and strategies.
Create and Manage Changes to the System – 40%
- Effectively engage stakeholders by proactively gathering user requirements and feedback to enhance the Salesforce user experience.
- Support the change management process by communicating system upgrades, enhancements, etc. to assist users in advance of implementation. Communicate regularly with user base regarding new features, enhancements, and changes to the system.
- Manage all processes that impact / relate to Salesforce.com. to include: implementation of new releases –Create and maintain fields, views, reports, dashboards, campaigns, and other salesforce.com objects and functions.
- Handle on-going customization/ alteration of Salesforce.com.
- Maintain, enhance and create workflows, functions, and configurations within the Salesforce.com environment.
- Create new reporting capabilities and respond to ad-hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Manage external Salesforce vendors and consultants.
- Test all changes in the Sandbox environment, determine the risk of deployment and create rollback plans.
Maintain System, Security and Integrity – 10%
- Map salesforce.com hierarchy and sales territories in response to personnel changes.
- Reassign accounts, contacts, and opportunities in response to personnel changes.
- Grant, remove and maintain user licenses.
- Maintain security including the management of sharing rules and assignment of security levels.
- Design, create and maintain user roles, profiles and hierarchies.
- Monitor application storage usage and archive data as needed.
- User Assistance, Training, Adoption, and Satisfaction – 20%
- Create and administer training to existing or new users/groups.
- Provide one to one training to end users on an on-going basis.
- Expand use of Salesforce.com – attend planning meetings, assist with determining ways to maximize the usage of Salesforce to enhance business operation efficiencies. Assist the Business Development function to create processes in salesforce.com to help monitor activities, trends, sales and leads.
- Communicate regularly with user base regarding new features, enhancements and changes to the system.
- Monitor usage and mentor users/groups needing assistance.
- Continually seek ways to further enhance the end-user experience.
Process Creation, Documentation and Maintenance – 10%
- Document company processes and workflows.
- Develop process documentation and field maps.
- Create new processes and associated reporting.
Data Quality, Migration and Maintenance – 10%
- Assist with migration from older systems/processes into Salesforce.com.
- Monitor neglected leads, opportunities, accounts, and contacts as appropriate.
- Import data as appropriate.
- Monitor and manage exception logs for back-end system integration.
- Manage duplicate records.
- Monitor and improve data quality.
- Ensure data integrity by merging duplicate leads, contacts, and accounts; performing mass uploads and updates of data as required; removing unnecessary fields and data; ensuring screens, fields and workflow have accurate names and reflect current workflow.
Report and Dashboard Creation and Maintenance – 10%
- Create and maintain dashboards.
- Create and maintain reports including folder maintenance.
- Build and manage report folders for reps to improve sales efficiency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In-depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of Salesforce and have successfully expanded on those capabilities using custom code (Apex, s-controls) and/or integration with external systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in using standard reporting tools including standard salesforce.com reporting functionality.
- Detail oriented and self-starter with strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively collaborate with others to accomplish organizational business needs.
- Computer literate and proficient in standard office applications Word, Excel and Outlook (knowledge, skills, and abilities).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Communication or other related fields.
- 3 to 5 years of Salesforce administration experience. (required)
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- Ability to interface directly with internal stakeholders understanding their needs to administer and enhance the system accordingly