Chief Equity Officer
- Job Type
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Skills, knowledge and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job
• Knowledge of current and evolving federal, state and district requirements related to equity issues.
• Knowledge of contemporary diversity, equity, inclusion and multiculturalism concepts and issues, especially in public education
• Knowledge of culturally-responsive teaching and education related practices, social justice and diversity as fundamental aspects of academic excellence
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with students, parents, community representatives and school personnel from diverse cultures and/or backgrounds.
• Demonstrated ability as a professional development trainer with skills in group facilitation and the ability to deliver cultural responsiveness and related equity training of school-based personnel.
• Ability to serves as an internal resource and consultant, working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in a politically sensitive context and complicated by competing perspectives or interests.
• Knowledge of and ability to lead people through a change process.
• Ability to collect, analyze and use assessment and other school data
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in education administration, public policy, social work, or related area
• A Minimum three years of professional experience in equity, diversity, and inclusion issues and providing culturally responsive service and teaching
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
• Must possess a valid driver’s license issued by the NC Department of Motor Vehicles
• 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible, professional experience in educational administration or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Fluent speaker and writer of a second language strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Consult and facilitate development and implementation of the District Equity Policy and Plan, specifically on student achievement matters and related equity professional development
2. Lead the Equity Task Force and other parent/community components of the District Equity Plan.
3. Provides leadership for the implementation of the equity plan including regular reports on progress toward goals.
4. Provide coordination, consultation and assistance to the superintendent and the cabinet on equity and diversity matters related to students, staff, and parents.
5. Serve as an internal consultant to the Superintendent, Cabinet, Directors, Coordinators and Principals regarding organizational development, including philosophy and goals, service standards, job performance and productivity standards and special program development and implementation
6. Facilitate the identification of district and school actions to support students, parents, and families ensuring all students are career and college ready.
7. Promote supportive and culturally-responsive learning environment that foster academic achievement of all students.
8. Develop, organize and implement professional development opportunities for district, building, and program staff with an emphasis on racial and equity awareness.
9. Collaborate with district administrators to develop, lead, and implement a systematic process that identifies and addresses inequalities and other experience that create barriers to student engagement and achievement.
10. Promote and implement district and site-based approaches to community access and engagement.
11. Develop and implement systems and procedures to address the needs of culturally and linguistically-diverse students, parents, and families.
12. Utilize relevant data resources to track and analyze diversity, equity and outreach strategies within the district and community.
13. Implement review, and comply with federal and state laws and district policies
14. Ability to collect, analyze and use assessment, personnel, student, and other data
15. Perform additional duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Apply for Chief Equity Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly