Librarian @ Davis Middle
- Grade Level
- Middle School
The librarian provides instructional leadership for the teaching of information literacy skills, develops and maintains a media center collection rich in both print and non-print materials, and manages the media center as a flexible, multi-tasked learning environment. Collaborates with school faculty and administrators to develop a program that supports the instructional curriculum.
Teacher Contract + 5 days.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teach the skills of information location, access, evaluation, use and communication as they relate to the program of instruction to both students and teachers.
- Maintains the media center's print, non-print, and electronic collections and manages circulation of curricular support materials and equipment.
- Collaborates with teachers in planning assignments providing information literacy instruction.
- Performs collection development by selecting, ordering, and adding new items to replace and/or update media center resources.
- Introduces new instructional materials and technologies to staff.
- Supervises library assistants and volunteers in the media center.
- Plans and directs special projects involving literacy and library promotion.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of the media center budget.
- Demonstrates commitment to improving professional competence.
- Assesses student learning on an ongoing basis and alters instruction to meet group/individual needs.
- Uses the curriculum of the district to plan daily instructional activities.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of the concepts, principles, and methodologies of teaching and learning and of current practices in library media. Demonstrated ability to develop instructional goals for students; to manage print, non-print and electronic collection of curricular support materials and equipment; to prepare and monitor departmental budget; to provide work direction to others; to collaborate with other instructional personnel; to communicate instructional goals to others effectively, orally and in writing. Demonstrated ability in decision making, problem analysis, conflict resolution, interpersonal relationships and planning. Bachelor's Degree, eligibility for Virginia Collegiate Professional Licensure with endorsement in Library Media NK-12.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accepted institution.
- Possession of the requirements for the applicable teacher license.
In addition to the on-line application, teacher applicants are required to submit:
Both undergraduate and graduate transcripts must be submitted. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Applicants must submit two (2) references as a part of their application package. Applicants with zero years teaching experience should submit references from their cooperating teacher and university supervisor. Applicants with recent teaching experience must provide references from principals and/or superintendents from all contracted teaching experiences within the past three (3) years. If experience is not within the past three (3) years, references from the last contracted work experience should be provided. The teacher reference form may be accessed via the link below. link below.
Teacher Reference form
Copy of Teaching license
Complete Application Package
Applications for teaching positions will not be evaluated until complete packets, to include transcripts, teaching licenses, teacher assessment scores (Praxis II, etc.), and references are received. To expedite application review, these documents may be scanned and attached to the on-line application. The documents may also be mailed or hand delivered to:
Chesterfield County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
9900 Krause Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test