Principal - Central High School - Chattanooga, TN
- Job Type
Hamilton County Schools, located in beautiful Chattanooga, TN, is on track to become the fastest improving school district in the state of Tennessee. We believe in success for all students and are dedicated to helping all students succeed to their highest potential.
We are seeking a Principal for Central High School for the 2019-2020 school year that will lead Central in preparing future-ready students. Reporting to the Director of the Harrison Bay Learning Community, the Principal will set a bold vision for school culture and academics, support Central’s Future Ready Institutes, empower and support teachers to ensure that students are graduating college and career ready, and continue a positive relationship with the most active alumni association in the state of Tennessee.
- Five years of administrative experience required, either as a principal or assistant principal.
Must have a master's degree or above and hold an administrator’s license.
Demonstrated record of instructional excellence
Record of strong community and organizational relationships
Experience using data to lead others toward improvement of student outcomes
- Talent Management:
- Recruit and retain high performing teachers and staff
- Develop, coach, and manage all certified and classified staff
- Create a culture of excellence
- Demonstrate effective leadership by establishing a collaborative environment for school improvement
- Facilitate group understanding and communication of diversity in an educational setting
- Engage parents and community partners in order to provide support to meet student needs
- Support new and best practices in the area of instructional delivery
- Evaluate curriculum, instruction, assessment and student performance
- Lead professional learning
- Continuous Improvement:
- Design, implement and interpret data systems that support instruction and assessment programs
- Work with feeder pattern principals to establish successful transitions for student success
- Develop and implement a school-wide improvement plan
- Competitive salary range commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes multiple health insurance options, vision, dental reimbursement, short and long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Competitive retirement plans through Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, including a hybrid 401k and pension plan. In 2018, TCRS was ranked in the top four best funded State Pension plans by the Pew Charitable Trust.
Learn more about Hamilton County Schools at www.hcde.org