Comprehensive Center Director (National Center)
- Job Type
Manhattan Strategy Group (MSG) provides consulting services to across the federal government in the areas of: 1) Technical Assistance, 2) Research and Evaluation, 3) Information & Communications, and 4) Management & Technology.
MSG is seeking a Comprehensive Center Director (National Center) to join our team in Bethesda, MD. This position will provide strategic direction and oversight by managing the successful execution of day-to-day functions of a large, multi-faceted federal contract. The Comprehensive Center Director will provide oversight of development and maintenance of web-based technologies to support information dissemination and collaboration among diverse stakeholders regions, SEAs, LEAs, practitioner as well. This position is contingent upon award.
- Developing and maintaining annual service plans based on high-leverage problems in Regional Center State Plans
- Oversight of development and maintenance of web-based technologies to support information dissemination and collaboration among diverse stakeholders (regions, SEAs, LEAs, practitioners)
- Oversight and monitoring of staff and project resources, including a personnel management system of subcontractors and subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Dissemination of regional and state service plans and other materials
- Collaboration with Regional Centers to implement learning opportunities for recipients (multi-state and cross-regional peer-to-peer exchanges on high leverage topics)
- Daily project management, including tracking and reporting on project activities, budgets, materials, and deliverables
- Coordinate logistics, material development, and scheduling
- Oversee the planning and implementation of a communication system that enables routine and ongoing exploration of Regional Center client and recipient needs
- Oversee Internet presence through social media outlets
- Identify and maintain partnerships with appropriate stakeholders
Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience managing complex, federal contracts
- Master’s degree in a related field. Ph.D. preferred but not required
- Seasoned project manager with experience managing large, complex federal projects totaling $10 million annually
- Experience with Local Education Agencies (LEAs) and State Education Agencies (SEAs)
- Demonstrated experience directing large, distributed teams
- Expertise in K-12 education, Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Experience in college-to-career readiness, equity, and serving lowest performing schools a plus
- Experience managing national center, website, and Internet presence
- Management & On the Ground TA Experience
- Detail-oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment to meet deadlines
- Experience in managing communication projects, applying cultural competency in product development and dissemination
- Solutions-driven and can-do attitude
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plusStrong writing and organizational skills
MSG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Religion/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender/Sexual Orientation.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.