Early Childhood Teacher
- Grade Level
- Early Childhood
Early Childhood Certified/Early Childhood Teacher
Early Childhood Center/Elementary Schools
Division/Department: Early Childhood
Job Category: Teacher
Title: Early Childhood Teacher
Qualifications: *Kansas Teaching Certificate
*Flexibility in schedule (some evening hours required)
*Compute/Word Processing skills
*Strong interpersonal skills/collaborative skills
Reports To: Early Childhood Leadership Team
Supervises: Supervision of classroom aide(s)
Early childhood teachers are responsible for providing engaging instruction that will allow each student to achieve his or her highest potential.
- Ability to maintain regular and good work attendance and come to work on time.
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a courteous, timely and helpful manner.
- Ability to manage job responsibilities while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and staff information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee performing the duties of this position is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, hear, bend, stoop, and reach. The employee may be occasionally required to manually lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to interact with staff and meet the demands of several different people. The employee is responsible for the work output of others. The employee occasionally works extended hours. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
1. Planning and preparation based upon students' needs
Demonstrate knowledge of pedagogy, content, and students
Select instructional goals
Demonstrate knowledge of resources
Assess student learning using appropriate measures
2. Classroom Environment
Create a classroom environment of respect and rapport
Establish a culture for learning
Establish and maintain classroom procedures
Establish expectations for and manage student behaviors
Organize space for learning
3. Instruction based upon state standards, district curriculum, and student needs
Communicate clearly and accurately
Use a variety of instructional strategies and techniques
Engage students in learning
Provide timely feedback to students
Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to student needs
4. Professional responsibilities
Follow contractual responsibilities
Engage in reflective practice
Maintain accurate records
Communicate with families
Engage in professional development activities
Maintain appropriate licensure
Collaborate with others to achieve a common goal
- Implement the program curriculum (Curiosity Corner) with fidelity.
- Adjust instruction to respond to individual learning needs.
- Monitor the developmental progress of all students, according to current Kansas Early Learning Standards and monitoring progress towards IEP goals.
- Gather data as required by KSDE Grants funding the program
- Collaborate with Itinerant ESS staff, English Language Learner staff, Family Services Worker and other support staff, according to the needs of the children and families and the program.
- Participate in staff, department, committee and team meetings, assist in early recognition and prevention of educational problems.
- Obtain instructional resources and materials through processes outlined by the Principal and/or the Director of Elementary Education
- Keep informed regarding new technologies that facilitate and support student learning.
- Communicate clearly and accurately with administrators, staff, parents, students and support agencies.
- Respect the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents, and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics, and state, and federal laws.
- Participate as a team member in the comprehensive evaluation, review, and re-evaluation process.
- Attend/assist with school events; organize/supervise field trips.
- Strive to communicate the positive aspects of our school program to the public in word and deed.
- Uphold and enforce Board policies, administrative procedures, school rules, and federal and state regulations including but not limited to
Acceptable use of technology
Sexual and racial harassment
Child abuse reporting
- Perform other duties assigned by the principal or other building or district administrators.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: Determined by placement on teacher salary schedule.
Evaluation Frequency: Job performance will be evaluated according to the state dictated evaluation cycle.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Geary County USD #475 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and/or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For questions or complaints based on race, color, national origin, sex or age, please contact the USD 475 Director of Personnel Services, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000. For questions or complaints based on disability, please contact the USD 475 Director of Special Education, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000
Apply for Early Childhood Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly