School Psychologist (Districtwide)
Special Education - Certified Teaching/ Psychologist
Open until filled
LOCATION: DISTRICTWIDE/STUDENT SERVICES
Full-Time Position (1.0 FTE)
***ANY POSITION ADVERTISED AUGUST 1st OR LATER WILL BE A ONE-YEAR CONTRACT ONLY.***
SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST POSITION: Requires Alaska Type C certificate with appropriate endorsement (s) (for information visit: http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification ).
Make a difference for the children in your community!
Position Summary: Provides comprehensive services to students, which includes applying a wide range of assessment methods, evaluation procedures and intervention strategies. Completes diagnostic assessments and interprets results of assessments to parents and staff for the purpose of determining eligibility for services. Collaborates with a team in developing educational interventions and other programs to meet student needs. Collaborates with outside agencies to enhance services for students. Provides written reports and documents; promotes family and community involvement.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited institution.
- Valid Alaska Type C Special Services certification with a school psychologist endorsement (visit: http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification for details about Alaska certification; Master's degree of higher is required for a school psychologist endorsement).
- Experienced RTI (Response to Intervention) and using data to determine student growth.
- Providing direct psychological services to students with emotional disabilities.
- Excellent collaboration skills with general education and special education teachers.
- Experience/training with Positive Behavior Intervention Support and writing effective Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Experience with preschool assessment/intervention.
- Experience with English Language Learners.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at www.juneauschools.org to complete an online application.