Pre-K Speech and Language Pathologist
- Grade Level
- Early Childhood
Speech Language Pathologist
Rose Hill Elementary
2019/2020 School Year
188 Days a year, 5 days a week, 7.5 hours a day
POSITION: Speech and Language Pathologist
The speech language pathologist will assess and provide intervention designed to develop language skills, oral motor control for speech production, vocalization and use of assistive technology devices for student who have speech and language disorders as well as other disabilities. The speech and language pathologist will ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students. Develop and promote good relations among community and school clientele.
- Evaluate and determine eligibility for student's suspected of speech/language disabilities
- Participate in the IEP process as a part of an interdisciplinary team
- Develop Individual Education Plans for students eligible for speech/language services
- Deliver speech/language services to identified students using a variety of service delivery models
- Collect data and monitor progress on speech/language goals and objectives
- Implement Assistive Technology services
- Perform at a professional level in all areas of teaching, instructional management, interpersonal relationships, professional and general responsibilities
- Demonstrate the highest commitment to student achievement
- Demonstrate high integrity with strong desire to model commitment to students, professional ideals and above all, ethical standards in pursuit of education excellence
- Create a learning environment characterized by effective and efficient process management strategies (e.g., procedures, instructional groups, transition materials and supplies)
- Design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources within the speech-language field to maximize learning in context and to develop knowledge, skills, and attitudes aligned with 21st century learning
- Provide quality, accurate, constructive, corrective, specific and timely feedback to students that encourages them to perform at their highest level
- Effectively communicate with parents and regular education staff about communication disorders at IEP meetings and conferences
- Utilize technology and/or other avenues to communicate to stakeholders (website, podcasts etc.)
- Establish student, staff and parental rapport that allows for a proactive response to potential problems
- Teach, monitor, and collaborate with educational personnel, community agencies, parents, and students to increase understanding of the student's speech and language needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of normal and deviant development of receptive, expressive and pragmatic language, articulation, fluency, and voice
- Participate in continuing education for professional development to ensure practice consistent with best practice.
- Use professional literature; evidence based research, and continuing education content to make practice decisions
- Use professional code of ethics and standards of practice to guide ethical decision-making
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess or qualify for a Colorado Professional Special Services license with a Birth-21 Speech/Language Therapist endorsement.
- Master's in Speech/Language Pathology.
- Bilingual Spanish skills preferred
- Valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Current ASHA Certification (preferred).
Has advanced computer/technology skills.
Has the ability to work with students of diverse abilities and backgrounds.
Has the ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers.
Has the ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
Has the ability to perform responsibilities without the necessity of close supervision.
Has the ability to effectively communicate with the School District community.
Has the ability to analyze, instruct, negotiate, coordinate, communicate, problem solve and use interpersonal skills.
Has the ability to compare, compute, synthesize and evaluate.
Has the ability to meet attendance standards and work the hours necessary to perform the essential functions.
Provide support to homeless youth and families.
Maintain a generally positive attitude.
Observe all District policies and procedures.
Adhere to federal and state legislation, regulation, and policies.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Frequent lifting 5 (five) to 10 (ten) pounds
Occasional lifting of up fifty (50) pounds.
Frequent sitting, bending, walking, and standing.
Occasional stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching.
Mostly clean and comfortable.
The work environment is high energy.
Physical restraint may be necessary to provide safety for students and others.
May encounter noise, odors or bodily fluids.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Director of Student Services or designee.
Dependent upon education, experience and the Master Agreement.
Open until filled
This job description is not intended to create any express or implied contract of employment or expectancy of continued employment for any definite term.
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Colorado law, Adams County School District 14 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Inquiries or complaints may be referred to Darci Mohr, Executive, Director of Human Resources, 5291 East 60 th Avenue, Commerce City, CO 80022, or to the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204.
Apply for Pre-K Speech and Language Pathologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly