Assistant Softball Coach
Extracurricular - Athletics/Activities/ Girl`s Assistant Softball Coach
Staples High School
Season: Mid- March 2019 through June 2019
Practice Day(s)/Time(s) & Games:
Staples High School is searching for an Assistant Softball Coach to support a high-performing program, while upholding the values of our school community. The assistant coach will lead with enthusiasm, energy, and will always act in the best interests of our student-athletes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with high school age athletes;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the game of Softball;
- Extensive knowledge of current coaching techniques;
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred (training provided); and
- Connecticut Coaching permit required (Certification can be applied for through Staples athletics).
- Possess the ability to communicate in spoken and written word to all stakeholders; and
- Ability to serve as a positive, ethical role model through his or her actions on and off the field;
- Ability to establish a strong rapport with all stakeholders through positive representation and communication;
- Possess a high level of organizational skills evidenced in planning;
- Embrace a high level of accountability; and
- Possess the ability to assess players effectively.
Reports To: Athletic Director
Salary Range: $3,573 - $4,397
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Internal applicants must submit an online application through the Westport Public Schools website. Job # 1279 (Please be sure to select internal applicant. This signifies one's current status as a Westport employee.)
External applicants must submit an online application through the Westport Public Schools website. Job # 1279 (Paper copies will not be accepted.)
The Westport Board of Education will not make employment decision (including decisions related to hiring, assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, disciplinary action and termination) on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability (including pregnancy), genetic information, veteran status or gender identity or expression, except in the case of a bona fide occupational qualification.