General Education Supervisor
- Job Type
Hatikvah International Academy Charter School is a public, secular K-8 program with an enrollment of 500 students (growing to 525 in September, 2019) whose studies include partial immersion in the Modern Hebrew language. Please visit our mission page on our website to view the school's first graduating class's video production where they explain their Modern Hebrew education.
Hatikvah is one of the top performing charters in the State of NJ ranking 3rd in English language arts and 4th in mathematics performance. Our diverse families speak 22 languages and 98% of our parents express satisfaction with the school. Grades six through eight comprise a fully authorized International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP), one of only three public schools authorized in NJ and the only charter school in the State with this distinction. Our teacher retention rate is 96% and 51% of our teachers have master’s or doctorate degrees.
The school is seeking a General Education Supervisor who will assume responsibility for the administration and supervision of the K-8 curriculum and instruction; supervision and evaluation of outstanding K-8 teachers; monitoring of the school’s formative and summative assessment data and assisting teachers in using this data for instructional planning; and for assisting in day-to-day school operations. The school is seeking a candidate that deeply understands leadership and how a true leader inspires innovation and growth in others.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of successful administrative experience in curriculum, instruction, assessment, and supervision.
- Evidence of school or district-wide data collection, analysis, and use of data to drive differentiated instruction.
- Knowledge of MYP with a preference for someone trained in MYP. This position will also serve as the MYP coordinator for grades 6-8.
- Meticulous record-keeping skills and organization.
- A demonstrated collaborative spirit and a “can-do” attitude including flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrated outstanding work-ethic and a strong work attendance record.
- Familiarity with Modern Hebrew language is preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- A strong sense of school community.
- Outstanding relationship building skills for students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- A practice of self-reflection for continuous improvement.
- Exceptional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- NJ Principal certification required; provisional Chief School Administrator certification preferred.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter that elaborates how your professional experience qualifies you for this position. Please include your knowledge of charter schools.
- An updated resume.
- A copy of your current NJ Certifications (a screenshot of the list of certificates will suffice).
- A page of three professional references; at least two of these references must be professional supervisors. For each reference, include their current email address and current telephone number. We will not contact the references without your permission.
Attach all items in email to the following address (please do not contact the school directly):
More searches like this
- Administrator Middle School Full-Time jobs in New Brunswick
- Assistant Principal Middle School Full-Time jobs in New Brunswick
- Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment & PD Middle School Full-Time jobs in New Brunswick
- Curriculum Director Middle School Full-Time jobs in New Brunswick
- Curriculum Specialist / Coordinator Middle School Full-Time jobs in New Brunswick