Winburn Middle School Principal
- Grade Level
- Middle School
Administration/ CERT - 1010 - SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
July 1, 2019
Winburn Middle School is home to one of the most uniquely diverse populations of students in the state of Kentucky. Our student body truly reflects our global society with a wide variety of cultures. As home to one of Fayette County's gifted and talented programs, we are honored when students choose to come to Winburn from around the county. Our Warrior P.O.W.E.R. is reflective in guiding students to demonstrate the 21st-century skills of Persevering, Owning Their Actions, Working Hard, Expressing Empathy and Respecting Themselves and Others, which assists us in achieving our mission of providing a college and career ready education for our students each day.
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the Winburn community is looking for a transformative leader with experience working in Title 1 schools which have included diverse populations and a “school within a school” program type is preferred but not required. To learn more about Winburn Middle School, please visit our website at www.winburn.fcps.net .
Develops and administers the budget of school district priorities as defined in adopted plans of the various schools, the central administration, and the Board. Serves as educational leader, supervisor, appraiser, and interpreter of the educational program in the school assigned; is responsible for delegating responsibilities as needed to personnel and is responsible for the safety and welfare of those assigned to the school.
- Plans, administers, and supervises the educational program.
- After consultation with the SBDM Council, selects staff; conducts all personnel evaluations.
- Supervises all certified and classified personnel assigned to the school.
- Assumes responsibility for school correspondence, general correspondence, notices for general distribution to the school community, etc
- Participates in curriculum study and revision
- Directs and assists in preparing all reports as required by the school district.
- Supervises completion and filing of all student records
- Handles all discipline in the school per the SBDM policies.
- Enforces the observation of all school policies, rules, and safety regulations
- Supervises student-teacher and internship program
- Promotes the care of the buildings and grounds
- Serves as the link between school and home
- Participates in establishing and maintaining community relations, including the use of the school facility
- Directs and assists in the classification and promotion of pupils.
- Cooperates with student groups in defining and achieving the overall objectives and effectiveness of the total school program
- Coordinates and supervises extracurricular and co-curricular programs and activities.
- Maintains a complete inventory of all equipment and supplies in the building(s), and files appropriate reports with the Associate Director for Warehouse and Inventory.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree
- Kentucky Certification as Middle School Principal
- Five (5) years of successful teaching experience at the elementary, middle, or secondary level (preferred)
- At least three (3) years of successful administrative/supervisory experience at the elementary, middle, or secondary school level (preferred)
- Must exhibit a knowledge of Kentucky assessments and SBDM management and leadership ability; ability to motivate and work cooperatively with diverse populations, particularly with teachers, classified personnel, parents, and school administrators; ability to budget and use time efficiently; ability to effectively management of human, physical, and fiscal resources; ability to plan effectively. (preferred)
- Valid Kentucky Certification as Principal
- Valid Teaching Certification (preferred)
- Exhibit knowledge of Kentucky assessments
- Possess leadership ability
- Experience working with students with varied learning style.
- Provide evidence of ability to motivate and work cooperatively with diverse populations
- Ability to budget
- Use time efficiently
- Prior experience of effective management of human, physical and fiscal resources
- Ability to plan effectively
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights
Contact: Julie Farris (email@example.com