Director of Inclusion
- Job Type
Creative Minds International Public Charter School (CMIPCS) is currently seeking an experienced, talented, and committed Director of Inclusion. This is an exciting opportunity to innovate and deliver a highly-effective, comprehensive special education program to students from preschool through eighth grade.
Creative Minds International Public Charter School (CMIPCS) is a tuition-free public charter school located in NW Washington, DC. Now in its seventh year of operation, CMIPCS serves over 500 students in Preschool (3-year-olds) through 8th grade.
At CMIPCS, we strike a unique balance in education by taking a global approach to learning, while always maintaining focus and attention on the development of the individual student. We encourage and respect individuality, building on our students’ strengths rather than expecting them to fit a predetermined mold. Through the lens of our international curriculum, our students gain an understanding, appreciation and respect for differences of all kinds, making them confident, culturally aware individuals capable of succeeding in a diverse and global society.
The Director of Inclusion reports to the Executive Director. She/he implements the School’s inclusion program (including Special Education and English Language Learner’s (ELL) services).
- Interpretation and implementation of all state and federal special education requirements and mandates to ensure compliance;
- In concert with Leadership Team and appropriate personnel, planning and implementation of professional development for inclusion/special education teachers, general education teachers, dedicated aides, service providers, and parents;
- In concert with school administration, supervision and evaluation of all special education staff and programs;
- Oversee the implementation of the inclusion program at CMI;
- Evaluate, supervise and coach Special Education Coordinators, inclusion teachers and related service providers in instructional best practices;
- Provide supervision and training to one-on-one dedicated aides working with students in the classroom as needed with support from Special Education Coordinators;
- Participate in continued professional growth activities to advance knowledge of effective instructional curriculum and methodologies for students with special needs;
- Act as a resource to staff;
- Supervision of student records system including compliance with appropriate laws and regulations;
- Supervision of the Special Education Coordinators in the adherence to the guidelines, timelines, and completion of student assessments, evaluations, and IEPs according to federal, state, and district guidelines;
- Coordination of the delivery of special education services to students in the school;
- Supervise the documentation and reporting of student progress toward achievement of annual goals by collecting and interpreting data;
- Attend and participate in parent conferences and IEP meetings as needed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Master’s degree in Special Education and certification in Special Education; or a Bachelor’s Degree and certification in Special Education.
- Five or more years of successful classroom teaching experience in an urban school setting as a special education teacher.
- Previous school leadership experience
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of instructional strategies for students with autism, developmental delay, specific learning disabilities, and behavior disorders.
- Demonstrate strong skills in partnering with families.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of colleagues, parents, families, and community members.
- Be committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Have a track record of being a team player and community minded.
- Be committed to their own learning.
- Have excellent time-management skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Adhere to a high level of professional and ethical standards.
Why join CMIPCS?
At CMIPCS you will join a staff uniquely committed to a vision of inclusion and equity for all types of learners. At CMIPCS you will find a team of educators who deeply believe that all students can learn and will make a contribution to their community. At CMIPCS we take seriously the idea that “no significant learning occurs without a significant relationship.” Each of our educators, regardless of role or responsibility, is committed
to seeking out best practices for delivering instruction and responding to the academic and social emotional needs of all children.
CMIPCS offers an exceptional and dynamic working environment with a positive and supportive culture including small class sizes (approximately 20), higher than average adult to student ratios, weekly and monthly professional development, comprehensive and generous benefits including medical, dental, 401K (with employer contributions), short and long- term disability, life insurance, paid school holidays, personal and sick days, free parking, and parental and family leave, among others. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Creative Minds International PCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Apply for Director of Inclusion
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly