Superintendent, New Milford Public Schools
- Job Type
New Milford Public Schools (CT) is seeking an experienced, dynamic student-centered visionary, and collaborative leader to lead its school district. The district serves 3947 students in 5 schools with a current annual budget of approximately $62 million. There are two primary schools, grades PK-2, one intermediate school, grades 3-5, one middle school, grades 6-8, and New Milford High School. The overall teacher ratio in the district is 14:1.
Located at the foothills of the Berkshires in Litchfield County, a few miles north of I-84 and 90 miles from Manhattan, New Milford is a racially, economically, and culturally diverse town. It is recognized as a family friendly community offering a variety of local and regional cultural venues for art, theatre, music, and dance, as well as historical properties and gardens. Likewise, New Milford’s 27,000 residents have easy access via public and private transportation to New York City, linking them with additional amenities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience in working with academic programs exemplified by a standard of excellence that matches all students with the best opportunities for success.
- Proven success in implementing professional development that supports curriculum.
- Evidence of promoting continuous growth in student achievement
- Support of the proactive use of technology to drive 21st Century skills and delivering administrative practices and classroom instruction in an interactive, engaging and individualized manner.
- Fiscal acumen in budget development and creative and equitable use of financial resources.
- Fresh and unique ideas to invigorate students, staff, and parents.
- Excellent and enthusiastic communication skills.
- Ability to recruit and maintain an excellent staff.
Screening is on-going.
The application process will close when the initial slate is presented to the Board (April 8, 2019).
Applications may be submitted to HYA at: https://hyasearch.com
Visit http://www.newmilfordps.org to learn more about New Milford Public Schools.
New Milford Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. New Milford Public Schools does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and school district need.