Principal - Wheeless Road K-5
- Job Type
OFFICIAL TITLE: Principal - Wheeless Road K-5 School
SUPERVISOR: Area Assistant Superintendent
SALARY RANGE: In accordance with RCBOE Salary Schedules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work year – 11 or 12 Months
Works under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent or designee, the school principal is responsible for administering and supervising the total school program and providing educational leadership for the students and staff members consistent with the educational goals of the school district and community. Functions of this position include establishing a climate conducive to learning, defining roles, planning and coordinating programs, effecting change, and decision-making. While the principal is responsible for the total school program, many of the duties listed below may be delegated to assistants for implementation.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: (Asterisk for essential job duties.)
1. Analyze, share, and use school and student achievement data to develop and implement the school improvement academic achievement and management plan. (*)
2. Implement systematic procedures to assess program effectiveness. (*)
3. Monitor curriculum implementation to ensure that the appropriate content and sequence are followed. (*)
4. Ensure that RCBOE policies and RCSS procedures, as well as state and federal laws are followed. (*)
5. Develop a master schedule and related duty assignments. (*)
6. Coordinate the development and implementation of a school discipline policy that is consistent with the RCBOE policy on Student Rights and Responsibilities and state law.
7. Work with teachers, parents, administration to ensure appropriate programming for all students. (*)
8. Identify staff training needs; develop and implement school improvement training plan to meet those needs. (*)
9. Supervise and evaluate staff. (*)
10. Develop requests for staffing and resources. (*)
11. Supervise the use and maintenance of the building and grounds.
12. Prepare a variety of written reports and correspondence.
13. Establish and maintain relationships with the parent and other community organizations to ensure ongoing, two-way communication and initiate activities which foster productive parent and community involvement. (*)
14. Serve on RCSS task forces and committees.
15. The employee shall carry out such other and further duties, whether specifically listed above or not, as are assigned or required by such employee’s supervisor, other appropriate school personnel, law board policy administrative regulation, department handbook, as are reasonably necessary to the efficient operation of the school system and its mission.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Thorough knowledge of public education administration and Richmond County School System policies and procedures (or ability to acquire within a reasonable time), the Strategic Plan, state and federal regulations and laws. Thorough knowledge of curriculum, instruction, organizational patterns, school operations, and pupil services. Demonstrated competence in staff selection, training, supervision and evaluation. Demonstrated problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to act effectively under stress. Ability to motivate, encourage, and work with staff to ensure outstanding performance as well as good morale. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
Master's degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in supervision, educational leadership and school curriculum. MUST have prior administrative or supervisory experience. Minimum of six years experience in education of which at least three years must be of successful teaching. Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge, abilities and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered.
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess or meet the qualifications for Georgia Educational certification in the field of Educational Leadership or equivalent out-of-state leadership certification.
Light work, exerting up to 10-20 pounds of force occasionally.
Work beyond a 40-hour week and attendance at evening and weekend school and district functions, as required. Ability to respond to school requirements at any time.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Board policy on evaluation of personnel.
Date(s) Revised: 2/09
Apply for Principal - Wheeless Road K-5
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly