Elementary Special Education Teacher
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
LOOKING FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS FOR ELEMENTARY STUDENTS
POSITIONS ARE IN Tindley Accelerated Schools - Indianapolis, IN
Tindley Accelerated Schools is an open enrollment charter school with a network of five (5) schools, serving grades K-12. There is one track at Tindley: College or Die. Our scholars traditionally work one grade level ahead so that they are ready to take all authentic college courses beginning their junior year. Since opening our doors in 2004, 100% of Tindley graduates have been accepted to a select college or university.
Tindley Accelerated Schools launched in 2002 as the Charter for Accelerated Learning, Inc. In 2004, we launched Charles A. Tindley Accelerated School in one of Indianapolis' most impoverished neighborhoods. In six short years, the Tindley School established itself as a model for urban schooling in Indiana, winning the National Blue Ribbon Schools Award in 2010.
Now, Tindley Accelerated Schools is focused on giving students throughout urban Indianapolis access to opportunities for strong educations. That's why in 2010 the Charter for Accelerated Learning became Tindley Accelerated Schools, dedicated to expanding quality college-preparatory educational services for young people and helping Indianapolis schools excel - so their students can do likewise.
Become a Leader at a Nationally Recognized Charter School System:
In 2010, Tindley Accelerated Schools was the recipient of the National Blue Ribbon School award given by the United States Department of Education. We have also been twice presented with a Four Star School status by the Indiana Department of Education which places Tindley in the top 25% of public schools in Indiana.
Experience and Skills:
Ideal candidate profile is as follows:
- Commitment to Equity: Passionate about ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives an excellent education.
- Leadership: Takes ownership of the overall progress and well-being of the school community. Coaches, mentors, and challenges students and other colleagues to excel despite obstacles and challenging situations. Builds positive relationships in and out of the school community.
- Focus on Data-Driven Results: Relentlessly pursues the improvement of Tindley Renaissance Academy's performance and is driven by a desire to produce quantifiable student achievement gains.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: Approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving: takes initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions.
- Adaptability: Excels in constantly changing environments and adapts flexibly in shifting priorities to meet the needs of a dynamic school community: comfortable with ambiguity and is adept at building structures to address ambiguity.
- Teamwork: Increases the effectiveness of the surrounding team through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms: respects and is committed to learning from others.
- Dependability: Does whatever it takes to consistently deliver with high quality under tight deadlines; successfully manages own planning and execution through strong organization, detailed action plans, and balancing of multiple priorities.
- Communication and Customer Service Skills: Communicates clearly and compellingly with parents and other stakeholders in both oral and written forms: anticipates and responds to customer (parent) needs in a high-quality and courteous manner.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Each employee is an integral part of our operation and success. We also ask from our employees that they do anything and everything that is possible to drive our mission. As such, it is our goal to attract, motivate, and retain top talent by providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for all full time employees. We offer competitive base salaries plus add-ons for teaching experience and advanced degrees.
Tindley offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
-Bundled Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
-Tindley Paid Life and AD&D insurance
-Access to additional group term life insurance
-Tindley paid Critical Illness, Short Term and Long Term Disability Plans
-Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Flexible Spending Account
-Access to Voluntary Critical Illness, Short Term Disability, Cancer, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Insurance
-Access to the Indiana's Teacher or Public Retirement System (Pension Plan)
Professional Enrichment Program:
Under the direction of our Curriculum Team, our teachers learn professionally and educationally acceptable methods, strategies and techniques to manage their classrooms and develop the skills that are associated with highly effective teachers. Administrators are involved in our Annual Institute Programs as well as regular professional development opportunities.
Student Loan Forgiveness:
You may be eligible for student loan forgiveness of FFEL and/or Direct Loan Programs, through the U.S. Department of Education, if you work for us.