Teacher - All Content Areas (Elementary, Math, Science, Special Education, Reading, Spanish, Etc.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provides for instruction of students by developing, selecting, and modifying instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students. Supervise students in a variety of school-related settings and activities. Prepares, administers and corrects assessments. Evaluates student performance, develops and implements plans to improve performance. Maintains required records.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These examples are illustrative and not all inclusive:
- Plans, prepares and presents lessons, assignments and instructional materials to students in an appropriate manner.
- Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
- Selects and uses appropriate instructional strategies to include lectures, group discussions, demonstrations, modeling and multi-media teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to effective learning and supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Keeps attendance and grade records as required by Board Policy Administrative Regulation.
- Prepares, administers and corrects evaluations and assessments, and records results.
- Counsels pupils when academic and adjustment problems arise.
- Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges and participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
- Serves on special committees.
- Attends and actively participates in staff/faculty meetings; and provides input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives and methods.
- Evaluates student progress using appropriate assessment techniques.
- Improves skill and knowledge base in current trends, research and methodology in instructional techniques, technology, multicultural content, problem solving and interdisciplinary connections.
- Employs provided electronic tools for grade reporting (e.g. Power Teacher GradeBook), leave reporting (e.g. SmartFind Express), and parent communication (e.g. Parent Connect), etc.
- Employs instructional technology hardware such as document cameras, presents and SmartBoards, etc. when provided.
- Takes all necessary safe precautions to protect students and materials of instruction.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Eligible for Maryland State Board of Education certificate appropriate to area of assignment.
- Knowledge of school organization, goals and objectives with special emphasis on teaching techniques.
- Knowledge of materials in field of specialization. Knowledge of current trends and research in field of specialization.
- Ability to employ a variety of teaching styles to respond to the needs of diverse learners.
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Ability to deal effectively with students, staff and parents.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in technical areas of instruction
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to employ business technology tools as required of all AACPS employees, e.g. email, obtaining relevant AACPS employee information through the AACPS intranet, employing the electronic benefits enrollment tool and any other electronic tools implemented in the future.
More searches like this
- Teaching High School Part-Time jobs in Odenton
- Career & Technical Education / CTE Teacher High School Part-Time jobs in Odenton
- Family / Consumer Science Teacher High School Part-Time jobs in Odenton
- Computer Science Teacher High School Part-Time jobs in Odenton
- Early Childhood / Daycare Teacher High School Part-Time jobs in Odenton