2019-2020 Classroom Teacher
- Job Type
SOAR Classroom Teachers
2019-2020 School Year, Starts August 2019
SOAR is committed to providing excellent educational opportunities to students in Far Northeast Denver. SOAR offers a holistic approach to education that implements rigorous academic instruction in conjunction with an active classroom. Our model challenges students to think critically and take active roles in their classrooms and communities. This results in higher achievement and greater engagement in school. Our school gives students the academic and character-building skills they need as learners and leaders.
SOAR Vision: SOAR students create full and meaningful lives, enrich our democracy, and create a more just society.
SOAR is seeking classroom teachers for the 2019-2020 school year! These teachers will join a committed team of educators to strengthen the foundation of an extraordinary school. In their daily practice, SOAR teachers will develop and implement a curriculum that meets all students’ needs, cultivate a culture that encourages our young learners and leaders, and leverage data and evidence-based teaching practices.
- Provide an inviting, exciting, inclusive, and joyful learning environment;
- Participate wholeheartedly in professional development and enrich their expertise in the subject area they will teach;
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans that are rigorous, clear, measurable, and aligned with Colorado Standards and SOAR’s instructional approaches;
- Embrace planning for and teaching a diverse classroom of students with a wide variety of learning styles, needs and behaviors;
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures for student conduct, discipline, and social-emotional development;
- Form meaningful relationships with families and involve parents in their children’s education.
- Successful teaching experience in an urban, diverse setting preferred
- Must have a Colorado State license or a BA and a passing score on the Praxis or PLACE exam in Elementary Education.
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation package including a salary above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits.
Apply today: https://soarschools.applicantstack.com/x/openings
SOAR is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This position will begin August 2019.