Superintendent, Berkeley Heights Public Schools
- Job Type
Berkeley Heights Public Schools, located in Union County, NJ is seeking an experienced, dynamic student-centered visionary, and collaborative leader to lead its excellent school district. The schools serve approximately 2,700 high achieving students in one pre-K-1 early childhood center, three 2-5 elementary schools, one 6-8 middle school, and one 9-12 high school with a budget of $52 million. Previous experience as a school Superintendent or a position of equitable responsibility is preferred. Current or eligibility for New Jersey School Administrator Certification is required.
Berkeley Heights Township located within the Watchung Mountains, has a vibrant history ranging from agricultural and manufacturing ventures dating back to the American Revolution, through 20th Century notoriety as the home of the development of the transistor, solar cell, and laser at Bell Labs. More recently a vibrant downtown district features several restaurants and businesses to meet the desires of its 13,000 residents. Berkeley Heights residents also have easy access via public and private transportation to New York City, linking them with the arts, entertainment, and a variety of cultural venues.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience in working with academic programs exemplified by a standard of excellence that provides exceptional opportunities for all students.
- Proven success in the development and implementation of curriculum and supportive professional development
- Evidence of promoting continuous growth in student achievement
- Support of the proactive use of technology to drive 21st Century skills and delivering classroom instruction in an interactive, engaging and individualized manner.
- Fiscal acumen in budget development and creative use of financial resources
- Ability to recruit and maintain an excellent staff
Screening is on-going.