IB Examiner for Literature and Performance
Become an IB Examiner for Literature and Performance (in English, French or Spanish)
As part of assessment processes, the IB works with educators in a variety of different roles. We are always looking to recruit new, skilled examiners and senior examiners as the IB continues to grow.
As an examiner you will play an important role in maintaining the quality of assessment for which the IB is known worldwide. This experience will enable you to:
- Enhance your professional development
- Expand your subject knowledge
- Earn extra income working from the convenience of your home
Founded in 1968, the International Baccalaureate® (IB) is a non-profit educational foundation offering four highly respected programmes of international education that develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
We strive to develop students who will build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
The IB Literature and Performance course incorporates essential elements of literature and performance and aims to explore the dynamic relationship between the two. At the heart of the course is this interaction between (i) a conventional literary emphasis on close reading, critical writing and discussion and (ii) the practical, aesthetic and symbolic elements of performance. A distinctive outcome of this “marriage” is the performance of a piece transformed from poetry or prose. In this exciting, creative process text is viewed from different angles in a way that goes beyond what is characteristic of either literary or theatre studies as single disciplines.
Applicants must have:
- a degree or equivalent in the subject (or a related subject) for which they are applying,
- a minimum of one year’s experience teaching the subject (or a related subject) to students in an appropriate age range:
- 16 to 19 years of age – DP
- applicants who are no longer teaching must have taught or examined within the last three years
- access to the internet, via a broadband (or faster) connection, in an environment that is suitable for marking confidential assessment material
IB teaching experience is not essential.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website:
More searches like this
- Teaching College/University After School jobs in Mexico
- English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher College/University After School jobs in Mexico
- English Teacher College/University After School jobs in Mexico
- Reading / Language Arts Teacher College/University After School jobs in Mexico
- Reading Teacher College/University After School jobs in Mexico