IB Examiner for Food Science and Technology
Become an IB Examiner for Food Science and Technology
As part of assessment processes, the IB works with educators in a variety of different roles. We are always looking to recruit new, skilled examiners and senior examiners as the IB continues to grow.
As an examiner you will play an important role in maintaining the quality of assessment for which the IB is known worldwide. This experience will enable you to:
- Enhance your professional development
- Expand your subject knowledge
- Earn extra income working from the convenience of your home
Founded in 1968, the International Baccalaureate® (IB) is a non-profit educational foundation offering four highly respected programmes of international education that develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
We strive to develop students who will build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
An understanding of food is increasingly crucial to individual and societal well-being. The world faces challenges in terms of food production, nutritional well-being, food safety and quality. As a major global industry, the food industry has to respond to consumers who increasingly demand greater choice, convenience and safety, whilst aiming to develop and manufacture food products to meet the needs and wants of rapidly changing societies. On the IB’s food science and technology course, students will learn about key aspects of food science and technology including nutritional science, food processing, safety and quality, and food related issues with impact on society.
Applicants must have:
- a degree or equivalent in the subject (or a related subject) for which they are applying,
- a minimum of one year’s experience teaching the subject (or a related subject) to students in an appropriate age range:
- 16 to 19 years of age – DP
- applicants who are no longer teaching must have taught or examined within the last three years
- access to the internet, via a broadband (or faster) connection, in an environment that is suitable for marking confidential assessment material
IB teaching experience is not essential.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website:
More searches like this
- Teaching College/University After School jobs in United Kingdom
- Science Teacher College/University After School jobs in United Kingdom
- Biology Teacher College/University After School jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemistry Teacher College/University After School jobs in United Kingdom
- Earth / Physical Science Teacher College/University After School jobs in United Kingdom