Elementary Principal - Beijing, China - August 2019
- Job Type
This bilingual K-12 IB School in Beijing is looking for an Elementary Principal to join them in August 2019.
Apply directly by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The school offer a very competitive net monthly salary 50,000 to 70,000 USD (all taxes are paid by the school) which varies according to qualifications and experience. The package also includes a housing allowance, flights and medical insurance for the teacher, and free tuition at the school for up to two dependent children. https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/comparison/london/beijing
Tax Rate:Tax Free
Benefits:Flights - allowance, Housing- allowance, Medical or Health insurance, Professional development allowance, Tuition - free for dependents
Suited To:Activity-typical land sporting types, Climate - cooler, Climate - warmer, Climate -moderate, Dependent children - more suitable, Dependent children - Not very suitable, Holiday destination - not typical, Holiday destination - yes typical, Infrastructure - Highly developed, Infrastructure - Moderately developed, Unmarried partners - suitable, Urban, Westernized - highly, Westernized - moderately, Westernized - not very, Women - not restrictive
Minimum Years Experience:0.0
Curriculum Experience Required:No - flexible
Will Accept Newly Qualified Teachers:N
Visa Restriction:3 years post qualification teaching exp required, candidates over 60 years of age will have difficulty obtaining a work visa and need not apply
Edvectus recruits qualified/certified Primary, Elementary, Secondary, Middle and High School teachers from the following countries;
USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland and South Africa.
Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and teaching qualification such as a Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Masters in Education or Bachelors of Education. Our jobs are not teaching English as a Foreign Language, and a TEFL certificate alone is not sufficient teacher training.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
There are four key areas of responsibility:
- Strategic direction and development of the schools organisation and curriculum structures
- Teaching and learning
- Leading and managing staff
- Communication and Liaison with parents and faculty
The effectiveness of the Principal will be demonstrated by the incumbent’s ability to apply professional knowledge, understanding, skills and attributes to the identified tasks below to bring about the desired outcomes.
Strategic direction and development of the school organisational & curriculum structures.
With other members of the Elementary Leadership Team (ELT) the Principal will develop a strategic view, within the context of the school’s aims and policies, which will guide policies, plans, targets and practices for both the organizational and curriculum structures.
To achieve this, the Principal needs:
1. To shape a vision of academic success for all students, involving:
a. The monitoring possible changes in the curriculum, pastoral and academic.
b. Liaising effectively with colleagues across the school
c. The quality and effectiveness of liaison between year levels with a view to a seamless transition of pupils as they progress through the school.
d. A contribution to curriculum development through the school
e. The identification of Professional Development opportunities for colleagues
2. Manage the organisation structures of the Elementary School, including:
a. Management of the Budgeting process
b. Support with the recruitment and retention of faculty and staff
c. Timetabling and room allocations
d. Substitute teachers
e. Support the review process in all policies and protocols.
Teaching and Learning
With other members of the ELT the Principal will promote and model effective teaching strategies across the school. The Principal will evaluate the quality of teaching and standards of pupils’ achievements and support the EL in setting performance targets for improvement both academic and pastoral.
To achieve this, the Principal requires:
1. To have high expectations for all students
2. To have strategies for the improvement of instruction
3. To help in the monitoring of the work of staff teaching in their area and to ensure that faculty understand and follow the requirements of the school and IB in their teaching practices.
4. To help in the monitoring of policies and practices for assessing, recording, tracking and reporting on pupil achievement.
5. To help ensure that information about pupils’ achievements in previous classes is used effectively to secure good progress in all subject areas.
Leading and Managing Faculty
The Principal ensures that all those involved with Teaching and Learning process receive the leadership, support, challenge and information necessary to sustain motivation and secure improvement in their teaching.
To achieve this, the Principal needs:
1. To cultivate leadership in others
2. To manage people, data and processes
3. To provide advice, help and support
4. To take a leadership role in process of Performance Management.
5. To establish clear expectations and constructive working relationships
6. To help identify the Professional Development needs of colleagues.
7. To promote any professional development initiatives.
5. To ensure that the HOS is kept well informed about policies, plans and priorities, successes in
meeting targets throughout the Elementary School.
Community & Liaison
The Principal will develop the strategic view, shared with the SMT, within the context of the school’s aims and policies, which guides the plans and practices needed to ensure the pupils perform at their very best at the subject area and to ensure all information is conveyed to faculty and the parent community in a timely and professional manner.
To achieve this, the Principal needs:
1. To liaise with senior colleagues in the Middle & High School to ensure consistency of approaches to teaching and learning and organizational matters.
2. To ensure that the Reporting to Parents cycle meets the needs of the students and parents.
3. To present, at regular intervals, curriculum information/advice for parents.
4. To be the conduit of information between the parents and the school.
Teachers must be certified in teaching in their home countries with a minimum of a Bachelors in Teaching or Bachelors in their own field + teaching certification; Teachers should also have at least 2 years of relevant post-qualification teaching experiences. IB experience is preferred but is not essential as training will be provided.
Located in China's bustling capital city, an exciting cultural experience awaits. Interested applicants should contact their Edvectus advisor without hesitation and be prepared to demonstrate attributes that will match you against an overseas teaching opportunity which will demand an adjustment of your expectations and challenge your cultural astuteness.
For more information on China, please see http://www.edvectus.com/Content/Documents/TheEdvectusEducator.An.Introduction.to.China.pdf
Please visit the following link for job details https://www.edvectus.com/JobView/job-detail/Primary_Principal?jobId=J7964
Number Of Students:1500 across all campuses
Student Make Up:36 nationalities (70% are Chinese)
The school is in Beijing, Nanjing, Kunming and Chengdu. Please see Regional Information Document (in stored documents). https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/comparison/london/beijing https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/comparison/london/nanjing https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/comparison/london/kunming
Edvectus is an international teacher recruitment company. We will hold your personal information for the purposes of finding you a teaching or leadership job abroad. We will contact you by email, phone and/or SMS for job finding purposes. As such, with your consent, your data such as your profile, CV or resume will be sent to international schools in your regions of interest.
If you wish to put your job search on hold, or if you wish to completely delete your file from our system you can contact your consultant, email email@example.com with your full name and request, or you can manage your account online yourself through the Edvectus Candidate Portal, accessed from our website.
Edvectus is a recruitment agency that is staffed mainly by ex-teachers with international experience. We match teachers to jobs and provide advice and guidance to certified K-12 teachers wishing to teach in international schools around the world. Our online Learning Portal provides hundreds of resources that will help you prepare to live and work abroad. We have offices in North America, Europe, Middle East, Far East, Australia and New Zealand.
Our services, including access to the Learning Portal, are paid for by our client schools and are free to teachers.
Visit our website to find out more and to see hundreds of jobs available now.
Edvectus practices Safer Recruitment and require a background check including an FBI check and professional reference checks on all successful applicants.
More searches like this
- Administrator Elementary School Full-Time jobs in China
- Principal Elementary School Full-Time jobs in China
- Teaching Elementary School Full-Time jobs in China
- Early Childhood / Daycare Teacher Elementary School Full-Time jobs in China
- Elementary Education Teacher Elementary School Full-Time jobs in China