Superintendent, Davenport Community School District
- Job Type
The School Board of the Davenport, Iowa School District is seeking an exemplary leader to serve as their next Superintendent of Schools. The District's 15,000 students are provided multiple pathways to success with innovative initiatives to include ground breaking career and technical programs and a long history of outstanding performing arts. Joined by the Mississippi river, community members uniformly express their pride and enumerate the numerous benefits to living in Quad Cities area of Iowa and Illinois. Davenport is a vibrant city with abundant arts, education, and recreational opportunities and it is geographically located at the crossroads of America. Partnerships between the District and community organizations and business are robust. This is an opportunity to lead a dynamic and progressive school district steeped in tradition.
The School Board seeks a Superintendent with the following skills and attributes.
Listed in alphabetical order.
A leader who has the demonstrated ability or evidence to:
- Be visible in the schools and community, interacting comfortably with students, staff, parents and community members.
- Communicate as an effective spokesperson for the Davenport Schools. Able to clearly articulate the District's vision, successes and challenges.
- Courageously lead organizational change and strategic initiatives.
- Empower and hold accountable individuals within a high performing administrative team.
- Execute contemporary, efficient and effective business practices.
- Lead with a depth of pedagogical knowledge in the many aspects of providing an effective educational experience for all learners. Understands and utilizes the latest research, trends and innovation within curriculum, instruction, assessment and special education.
- Make fair and courageous decisions that benefit all students and the District.
- Nurture and maintain an organization in an environment of mutual trust.
- Provide leadership and model guidance in developing healthy, productive working relationships with school board members, staff, State of Iowa and City of Davenport elected and appointed officials and community organizations.
- Successfully work in or have a deep understanding of a school district of similar complexity and sophistication.
- Utilize resources in a fiscally efficient and effective manner. Fiscal acumen is expected.
- Work collaboratively with the Board with a clear and mutual understandings of their respective roles and responsibilities and with clear lines of communication.
An individual who models:
- A willingness to become familiar with and understand the unique history, culture, expectations and needs of the District, the communities within the District and the State of Iowa.
- Commitment to the District by choosing to become genuinely engaged in the community and school district taking advantage of the many benefits of living in the Quad Cities.
- High ethical standards for personal and professional performance and the performance of others.
Eligible to be certified within the State of Iowa. District residency is strongly encouraged.
Apply online at www.hyasearch.com