- Job Type
JOB TITLE: Instructional Coach
POSITION: Year Round
REPORTS TO: Principal
POSITION SUMMARY: Instructional Coaches lead and facilitate change in the instructional practices of Chavez teachers that will result in improved outcomes for all students, increased job satisfaction for teachers and the development of professional learning communities across the system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and lead the Science/Math or ELA/Humanities content area team meetings to ensure effective data analysis, monitoring student growth, and content knowledge development
- Provide leadership in collaboration with principals and vice principals to create coaching plans, and professional learning opportunities aligned to school, teacher, and student needs
- Ensure the learning needs of all students are met
- Provide guidance to a portfolio of teachers to improve instructional practices through observation, debriefing, lesson rehearsal, co-planning, co-teaching, and modeling effective instructional practices for teachers
- Support school-based and system leadership teams in hiring
- Provide feedback on classroom routines, procedures, and classroom management
- Serve as a member of the school’s instructional leadership team
Data Collection & Analysis
- Lead teachers in diagnosing specific learning needs and in developing a targeted plan of action to address identified deficiency areas
- Analyze trends in student data using multiple sources that include academic and culture data
- Coach teachers to create learning goals and track progress based on concrete data sources
- Conduct instructional rounds with school leaders and teachers to collect data and make instructional and professional learning decisions based on trends in the data
- In collaboration with other leaders, plan and facilitate ongoing professional development
- Lead instructional rounds with teachers and departments focused on driving student achievement
- Engage in self-reflection and continuous improvement by implementing feedback from school leadership and participation in network-wide professional development
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of teacher progress connected to coaching goals
- Ensure teachers monitor student progress, making instructional decisions based on student achievement
- Convene regularly with leadership to share teacher and student progress
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years in teaching in related subject area;
- Demonstrated success as a classroom teacher
- Demonstrated success using data to drive programming
- Believes that all students can achieve at the highest levels with no excuses
- Ability to effectively analyze school data to improve student and staff achievement
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment in decision-making
- Is a strategic thinker and proactive problem-solver
- Exemplifies the highest ethical standards
- Works independently with little direct supervision and as part of a team
ADA SPECIFICATIONS: This position will be based at one of Chavez Schools’ campus locations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move about the building. In addition, travel between Chavez campuses or to other sites could be required, frequency to depend on the needs of the school and position. The employee is regularly required to speak audibly, see, listen actively, and use hands to handle objects while performing the duties of this job. This position requires the ability to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and filing cabinets. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AAP/EEO Statement: Chavez Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Chavez Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Chavez Schools expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Chavez Schools’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Apply for Instructional Coach
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly