- Job Type
ELL Teacher, grades 7-12
Position Summary: The ELL Teacher plans for and provides English language development instruction for students who have been identified as eligible for ELL/ESOL services through the state mandated English language proficiency test. ELL Teachers collaborate with administrators, counselors, teachers and other school staff about individual ELL/ESOL students and their needs; serves as a resource for information regarding ELL/ESOL students, cultural and linguistic differences, English language development, and the ELL/ESOL instructional program; serves as a resource to explain the ELL/ESOL instructional program to parents of ELL/ESOL students; serves as a resource for students, parents, staff, and community, as needed.
In an effort to make the right mutual fit, it is important for candidates to possess the following:
- superior instructional and classroom management skills
- utilizing data to move our students several grade levels
- committment to constant learning for students as well as themselves
- desire to use their considerable knowledge of second language teaching/learning methods to support student growth.
The Company: Chavez Schools is a pioneer in the education reform movement in Washington DC and is the only network in DC with a public policy mission. We are a network of three charter schools across three campuses that offers employees the opportunity to focus on students’ academic growth, empowers professionals to utilize curriculum to create engaging lessons, and supports teachers with mentors, coaches and meaningful professional opportunities. Chavez Schools is known for developing teachers into leaders and for empowering our students to be agents of change in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides English language development instruction to students enrolled in the ESOL program.
- Collaborates with appropriate school staff in selecting the ESOL Instructional Model and developing a schedule used for implementing the ESOL instructional program
- Participates in English Language Learner (ELL) Team meetings, as well as other meetings essential to supporting ESOL students, such as parent conferences and EMT meetings.
- Develops the accommodations documentation (ELL plan) for ESOL students in collaboration with the team.
- Administers and scores the state-mandated English language proficiency placement test to determine eligibility for enrollment in the ESOL program.
- Maintains ESOL student files on individual ESOL students to comply with local, state, and federal accountability requirements.
- Collaborates with general educators on strategies to differentiate instruction and effectively engage ESOL students in the non-ESOL classroom.
- Collaborate on professional development activities for school staff to support the academic success of ELLs.
Why Should You Apply?
- You are committed to student achievement and empowerment
- Chavez offers competitive salaries and generous benefit programs
- Impactful hours (7:45-4:30) that include dedicated time for professional development and co-planning
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within our Network.
The Applications Process
- Complete the online application on our website HERE
- HR Team will schedule a phone interview and performance task
- Qualified candidates will be invited to campus for a demonstration lesson and interview.
Apply for ELL Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly