Special Education Teacher
- Job Type
The Opportunity: Special education teachers at Chavez Schools follow a case management model. All Special Educators are responsible for a caseload of approximately 10-18 students. Special educators develop and provide IDEA Mandated modifications and accommodations for students with special needs to gain free and appropriate instruction of the subject area curriculum. Under direction of the Special Education Coordinator, the special education teacher provides direct instruction to students with disabilities and collaborates with the general education teacher to provide instructional support through our co-teaching model. The teacher will monitor and evaluate outcomes for students with disabilities as well as assist in the development of Individual Education Programs (IEP).
The Organization: Chavez Parkside is a public policy, college preparatory charter high school in Ward 7. An anchor in the Parkside/Kenilworth community, our school has 500 students in grades 8-12. Chavez Parkside students achieved over 5 million dollars in scholarship and a 100% college acceptance rate. Parkside has a first-rate athletics program with champion basketball, volleyball, track, and cheerleading teams. And we have over 50 community partners hosting students in the fellowship program. Chavez Parkside serves a high needs population of students and is committed to giving them the resources and support they need to be successful in college and in life.
Chavez Parkside is looking for teachers who are committed to doing whatever it takes to get results. We believe positive, respectful relationships between teachers, scholars, and parents are the foundation of the school’s success. We believe all students can learn and that all adults commit themselves to professional growth. Ultimately, Chavez Parkside believes that our role is to empower students to be agents of change in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The role of the special education teacher in the school-based program included providing both direct instruction and instructional support to students with disabilities and general education teachers.
- Develop, distribute, and maintain IEP snapshots for all scholars with disabilities
- Utilize various co-teaching models of instruction to include lead and support; station, parallel, alternative, and team teaching; pull out, resource, etc.
- Monitor and document student progress with correspondence to the goals and objectives of student's IEP. This should include entering parent communication into EASY IEP, which should take place a minimum of 4 times yearly at mid-quarter.
- Prepare Present Levels of Performance (PLOP)
- Participates in professional development activities designed to advance teacher knowledge in the areas of instruction, best practices, differentiated instruction, changes in educational policy, and other information as may be necessary to improve classroom instruction and programming for students with disabilities.
Why Should You Apply?
- You share our beliefs and are committed to the mission of Chavez Parkside.
- You desire to serve the students of Wards 7&8 and their families.
- You are committed to educating diverse learners with a variety of needs
- Impactful hours with built-in planning time, generous benefits and Flex Fridays.
The Applications Process
- Complete the online application on our website HERE or send your resume to email@example.com.
- HR Team will schedule a phone interview and performance task
- Qualified candidates will be invited to an onsite 360-degree interview process.
Apply for Special Education Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly