School Bus Driver
- Job Type
1. Possess high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Obtain CDL and Arizona School Bus Certification.
3. Obtain DPS finger print clearance card.
4. Obtain first aid and CPR certification.
5. Have an understanding of students and be dedicated to their safety.
6. Possess knowledge of state and local vehicle regulations pertaining to school bus transportation.
7. Complete all necessary reports read and understands gauges, routes and maps.
8. Possess knowledge of safety regulations covered in SDS (safety data sheets) as they relate to hazardous chemicals used as part of the job.
9. Comply with all state and federal physical requirements.
10. Relate to students, staff and public in a positive manner.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Operate vehicles safely and transport students to and from school, on field trips, and other events as scheduled.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Transport students safely to and from school, on field trips, and other special events.
2. Maintain safe driving record.
3. Administer first aid and/or CPR if required.
4. Perform bus inspections and maintain assigned bus for safe operation and cleanliness.
5. Report in writing, malfunction of bus to supervisor immediately.
6. Maintain an accurate daily mileage log.
7. Supervise the conduct of students implementing PBIS and CPI strategies.
8. Report, via written reports, student misconduct to supervisor and assistant principal.
9. Coordinates the school’s transportation services, routing and scheduling efforts
10. Review become familiar with routes, policy revisions and state regulations
11. Follow only assigned routes by pre-assigned stops, and recommends route and stop changes to the Office Manager.
12. Able to use job-related chemicals, such as but not limited to the following: window cleaners, gasoline, and diesel fuel.
13. Require to work after hours for sports and filed trips as directed
14. Contribute to the team by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English as well as the ability to write routine correspondence in English.
- Ability to speak effectively in English before groups of customer or employees.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit frequently or for prolonged periods of time. Additional physical abilities include lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling, stooping/crouching, reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, and near/far visual acuity/depth perception/color vision/field of vision. May be required to lift 60 lbs. and work in an environment with exposure to petroleum fumes and work occasionally outside. May be required to work flexible hours including early morning and late evenings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations / issues.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and verbal form.
- Performance will be evaluated by the Office Manager.
- Supervised by the Office Manager.
- Exercises supervision over the passengers who ride the bus.
- All Bus Drivers are required to hold a fingerprint clearance card. Information on the fingerprint clearance can be obtained on the AZ DPS website. https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/fingerprint
- Full-time salaried position.
- Free health care.
- Retirement plan with an employer match up to 5%.
Apply for School Bus Driver
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly